PDA

View Full Version : At least I bet the river!

JARID
08-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

About 20-25 hands deep in the session and SB has been called down on one or two out and out bluffs. MP2 was typical. Semi-loose post flop and passive.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP2 calls.

Thoughts on the various streets?

Thanks-
Jarid

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

Vehn
08-10-2004, 02:34 AM
I hate to post an ego filled condecending 3 word reply but raise the turn.

flopmonster
08-10-2004, 03:04 AM
I'd like a raise on the flop... You have a monster draw and with this many players in you will profit form every dollar that goes into the pot.

Odder
08-10-2004, 03:08 AM
I'd raise the turn.

Vehn
08-10-2004, 03:12 AM
gutshot + overcard + backdoor flush != monster draw.

flopmonster
08-10-2004, 04:07 AM
sorry I didnt notice that the 10 was not of hearts my mistake

cnfuzzd
08-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Raise preflop? There has been some discussion of this elsewhere, i think its a raise or fold situation.

On the flop. You have some draw action, not quite monsterish, but some. I dont think raising would neccesarily get you a free card, but if you think you might want one, this would be the time to do it.

Turn. We, now you hit your ace. You should become more aggressive and let people know you have an ace. I think this would be the situation to protect your hand from a redraw. You might have just hit TP with JT making the straight, but thats no reason not to raise. Plus, you still have 4 outs to what i think would be the best hand.

River. well, there is the heart you probably didnt want to see, but i still think your hand is good. MP2 turn over a baby king?

peace

john nickle

Garland
08-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Raise preflop and all else is good.

I don't like raising on the turn because I'd hate to lose my stomach to a 3-bet, and if he's out and out bluffing or betting on the K or Q, I'd like him to keep leading the river. I think raising the river is more valid than raising the turn given SB's description.

Garland

Victor
08-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Unless your opponent is super aggro you should raise the flop and attempt a free card play.