PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 Hand with Interesting Turn/River Decisions

Jeffage
08-09-2004, 11:33 PM
15-30 on Party. I get Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in EP. One limper, I raise. Three coldcallers. SB folds, BB calls, limper calls. Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Check to me, I bet. Two call behind me, as does the EP limper. Turn is the 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Check to me, I bet. Folded to LP who raises. EP coldcalls. What's your play. I call. Lots of draws and people are very aggro with a pair and a str8 draw or pair and a flush draw. River comes the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Now EP comes to life and bets. Your move. Comments on the turn appreciated as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

Nightwish
08-09-2004, 11:47 PM
I would have done the same on the turn.

The river is ugly. EP either has a really strong hand like 9s8s or maybe something like Ah4h. But then again, I've also seen plenty of people at Party betting with only a 7 in this position. I hate folding on the river in this game, so I would call and fold if LP raises again.

Vehn
08-09-2004, 11:48 PM
meh? tough beat? nice call? good laydown?

Garland
08-10-2004, 12:40 AM
This screams of "4" and not wanting his straight to check through. I've made this fold dozens of times with others to act in front of me. I've never been wrong.

I'm going to take a shot and say A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif by EP.

Given your description, I think you have to call the turn and see what happens on the river.

Garland

Mikey
08-10-2004, 04:34 AM
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif??

I don't think so...... he would have bet or at least checkraised the flop, not check called......

98s??? Where was his bet on the turn, or his checkraise on the turn?

ike
08-10-2004, 04:36 AM
Call the turn, rooting for a Q or 2 but planning to call a bet if it comes from the turn raiser on a nonscary board. Fold to this river bet, I think you're probably in third here.

Garland
08-10-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif??

I don't think so...... he would have bet or at least checkraised the flop, not check called......

98s??? Where was his bet on the turn, or his checkraise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why in the world would he bet his heart draw directly into the pre-flop raiser on a non-scary flop and potentially knock out the other players making them most likely encounter a 2-bet?

Garland

Jeffage
08-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the comments. On the river, I folded. I just couldn't see myself being best here. I figured the bettor almost HAD to have the straight and even if he somehow didn't, it was likely I was beat by the LP player anyway. After I folded, the LP player called. EP showed down the amazing A /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for a pair of sixes. And it was good!!

Ok, I'm kidding about that. The LP player then turned over a flopped set of 7's to take down the $487 pot. More comments appreciated. I actually think this was an ok spot for a river laydown in a large pot.

Jeff

Mikey
08-13-2004, 05:03 PM
you see what I mean, this is what starts little arguments here, because you obviously don't read very carefully... So i'm going to post...what I said orginally again, and then I'm going to emphasize what you obviously missed....... so let me begin...

"A 4 ??

98s??? Where was his bet on the turn, or his checkraise on the turn?"

"he would have bet or at least checkraised the flop, not check called......

98s??? Where was his bet on the turn"

"have bet or at least checkraised the flop, not check called......"

"or at least checkraised the flop"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"

"checkraised"