PDA

View Full Version : Frustation

me454555
08-09-2004, 09:10 PM
I've been 3/6 @ the mirage for the last 5 hours. I've gotten 1 hand/hour and havn't hit the flop all day. This is by far the fishiest table I've ever sat at (and I'm including party poker)

My opponents in this situation are 2 fish, first guy is a LAG who loves to see rivers, 2nd oppoennt is a calling station who's not much better. Neither one is tricky, they bet when they have a hand, check when they missed the flop. I haven't seen em c/r once.

LAG has capped the flop with such power hands as Q6s and 66. Calling station called 3 cold w/67s and proced to call to his gutshot and hit on the river.

Now for the hand.......I look down and see AA /images/graemlins/smile.gif

UTG LAG limps, LP Calling station, limps I raise on the button.

Flop comes down A22. Checked to me, I bet both fold. I take down a wopping 7.5 sb pot with the nut fh.

Does anyone slowplay here against these types of players? I thought I'd probobly just make more by betting it b/c they'd been calling all the way. Maybe I was just frustrated b/c I couldn't pull a single hand to take any money off these guys but I'm wondering about my play.

balkii
08-09-2004, 09:17 PM
first guy is a LAG who loves to see rivers, 2nd oppoennt is a calling station

Why on earth would you slowplay aces full against these two players? You made the right play.

pstripling
08-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Some days are like that. I would have checked the flop and let them try to catch something that would entice either a bet or call on the turn and maybe the river. I can't fault your analysis though, if they had been calling all day, I can't see what scared them away from this hand.

joker122
08-09-2004, 09:20 PM
This is why I hate live play. I played live for the first time after multitabling for 6 months and seeing like 250 hands per hour and I haven't been back since.

nepenthe
08-09-2004, 09:48 PM
I like live play. There is a social interaction, less hands (aka relaxation), more focus on individual reads, the setting, etc. that makes it a more enjoyable experience than online multitabling. For me online play is the bread and butter of poker profits, and live play is mostly for fun.

J.R.
08-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Amen. MTTing online is work, playing live is an art (and fun). And game gets soooo much better every time I play live as I really have time to consider about how I played/should have played my hands, and the disgust from a misplayed hand isn't simply forgotten in the fog of another hundred hands over the next half/hour.

Garland
08-09-2004, 11:29 PM
This is what happens on this kind of flop. You're not getting any action from anyone except for a 2 or maybe a flush draw if there was one. I think you might be able to slowplay this type of hand.

Garland

Grvnhigh
08-10-2004, 02:30 AM
Hands and sessions like this are what make me sometimes think I have some wicked tells. Pat yourself on the back for playing correctly, and move forward. That's about all you can do.

TripleH68
08-10-2004, 03:45 AM
I just had practically the exact hand $5-10 PStars. Difference is I was UTG+1 with three callers to my raise. A44 hits. I bet...3 folds. That is frustrating...but at least you took the pot!? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

WillMagic
08-10-2004, 03:58 AM
Betting here is definitely right, the way you describe your opponents. I'm as shocked as you are that they folded.

Will