PDA

View Full Version : QTs hand - Good, bad or ugly?

ipp147
08-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Heres the hand, comments please. In particular pre flop and on the flop (I know that the river call stinks). Thanks results to follow.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

River: (9.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.16 BB, between Hero, MP3, SB and UTG.</font>

Ponks
08-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Everything seems standard to me except yah gotta raise that river.

Ponks

mikeyvegas
08-09-2004, 07:17 PM
You just hit your backdoor flush, which just so happend to put 4 to a str8 on the board. You have to raise here. All other streets look fine to me.

nepenthe
08-09-2004, 07:18 PM
What made you call that river? There are tons of hands he could bet into you that you beat, including a ton of lower flushes and a variety of CRAPPY two pair.

I definitely raise here and if 3-bet, probably just call then.

bsk1999
08-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Everything looks good. But, as you know, raise the river. He could likely bet a 3 thinking you had top pair or two pair and that the diamond didn't make your flush. So raise, call a three bet. Against players I have notes on, I might even cap.

Victor
08-09-2004, 07:24 PM
If the table is loose but not aggressive it is fine to play this hand even in EP.

Must raise on the flop, protect your hand, get rid of the overs. Given the action you are clearly ahead unless your opponent is a total weenie.

Obviously, bet as you pick up a flush draw. No checkraise certainly shows you have the best hand.

The river you hit the 3rd nut hand and just call. I should offer a caveat as to your preflop play now. If you intend to continue to play Q-10s in EP you better raise when you make your hand. This hand is only slightly profitable in this situation and you nullify it by not extracting the max.

ipp147
08-09-2004, 07:33 PM
BB flipped over 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and MHIG. I then looked at the mouse and the tv quizzically in case it was their fault I only called the river.

Turns out it was my complete lack of concentration.

I straightened my dunce hat and played on.

rjc199
08-09-2004, 08:28 PM
The river call does not stink. They guy is bluffing. He does not have A3 or a diamond flush. Maybe in some strange universe he has 45, but I think a majority of the time you are good here. The question is whether you raise or just call?

rjc199
08-09-2004, 08:29 PM
gosh, I missed that you got a flush on the river. Lol.

RAISE!

bakku
08-09-2004, 08:50 PM
I definitely raise here and if 3-bet, probably just call then.

I'd cap if I'm 3-bet, no way do I give villain credit for the A or K of diamonds the way he played this hand.

cnfuzzd
08-09-2004, 09:00 PM
not to pick nits, but he hit the sixth nut.

peace

john nickle