PDA

View Full Version : TT hand unhappy with play

Warband
08-09-2004, 04:30 PM
I think I was OK till my check at the end?
Ignoring that was my final call OK?
T.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Shargaas
08-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Pre-flop and flop are good.

On the turn, I think I would probably check and fold with the 2nd overcard hitting. Even with poor playing opponents, the liklihood you are behind is high given that you still have 3 opponents in after the flop.

However let us see what more experienced players have to say.

rjc199
08-09-2004, 08:20 PM
I play it the same.

This looks like a bluff so that is why I call. You should win some percentage of the time from a busted diamond draw.

Luv2DriveTT
08-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Flop: Q and diamond draw are two ways you could be beat as of the flop. I'd attempt to check raise to see who bets into the flop and to protect your hand, you are in the right position for that play. If nobody bets the flop then you atleast know your not up against a pair of Queens. Check raise may also buy you a free card on the turn.

River: BET BET BET!!!! Be the agressor! Don't check it if your worred about the heart flush, and your previous actions and your opponent's lack of agression on the turn makes me think they don't have a King, but they could have the Queen with a bad kick on the flop. Diamond draw is more likely.

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Nottom
08-10-2004, 12:01 AM
Meh, looks fine. Probably gonna lose, but will win it enough to show a small profit I think.

Vehn
08-10-2004, 02:04 AM
This is a terrible river card. You should usually check fold unless you're against an awful loose aggressive type.

scotnt73
08-10-2004, 11:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible river card. You should usually check fold unless you're against an awful loose aggressive type.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vehn-with the pot at 11BB you dont think he will win 1 out of 11 times? i would call the last bet every time heads up. what am i missing? I would have check folded the turn but if i went to the river i would have check called. especially after the other guy folded. enlighten me. thanks.

Warband
08-10-2004, 02:34 PM
I have read all the responses, thanks to all.

I think that the key point is
[ QUOTE ]
Vehn-with the pot at 11BB you dont think he will win 1 out of 11 times?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I win the pot 1 in 11 times?, I think I will so my call was OK.

I think that betting the River would have been a better move then folding to a raise. At the time I was thinking that I would only make worse hands fold. This is a concept I have major problems applying. It has not clicked with me yet.

The other option was to check the turn when the second overcard droped and fold to a bet.

T.

Vehn
08-10-2004, 02:46 PM
No I don't think he wins here 1 out of 11 times. He can only beat a bluff at this point and its unlikely his opponent is bluffing here 8% of the time into 2 players who seem pretty interested in this pot.