PDA

View Full Version : Redskins vs. Broncos - NFL Debut - Only Preseason Though

adios
08-09-2004, 04:15 PM
I know the preseason games are basically boring but the NFL season has arrived nonetheless.

Usul
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
A resounding boo ya! The only thing that could have possibly made this day any better is Madden coming out. And it did! Goodbye sunlight, see you in a week!

Tyler Durden
08-09-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm a Skins season ticket holder and I'm really excited about the return of Joe Gibbs, but even that can't bring me to watch a preseason NFL game. Maybe I'll watch one or two series before it gets really boring.

Six_of_One
08-09-2004, 07:21 PM
Preseason football is not football.

Stop the madness.

Usul
08-09-2004, 11:09 PM
Any football is good football. Anybody currently watching the Sean Taylor show? The kid is a superstar!

jagoff
08-10-2004, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Skins season ticket holder and I'm really excited about the return of Joe Gibbs, but even that can't bring me to watch a preseason NFL game. Maybe I'll watch one or two series before it gets really boring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a 'Skins fan since the early 80's and Jon Jansen going down is not a good start to the season. I was hoping for a good year (finally) but with this injury it is not looking promising. The guy is one of the best tackles in the game (no matter what Spurrier's protection scheme says).

NoPeak
08-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Skins did look good last night, Portis will be a workhorse for them. Look out for the Seahawks though, they are Super Bowl bound this year.

Six_of_One
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any football is good football.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not disputing this. But, like I said, preseason football is not football. If it is not football, it certainly can't be good football.

Boris
08-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Not impressed by the Broncos. Plummer look bad and the O-line has some serious catching up to do. I also thought it was funny how the Redskins abused Champ Bailey on their first drive. It's only the pre-season but Shanahan can not be pleased with what he saw.

jagoff
08-10-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Skins did look good last night, Portis will be a workhorse for them. Look out for the Seahawks though, they are Super Bowl bound this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'Skins look good every preseason. The regular season is where it counts though.

adios
08-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Lot's of optimissm in pre-season but methinks the Broncos may have some problems in the receiving corps besides the problems you mentioned. Other than Rod Smith what do they have? And if Plummer gets banged up again they don't have much at backup QB either. Maybe Shannahan will pick up Quincy Carter.

adios
08-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Jacksonville thought he was expendable.

jwvdcw
08-10-2004, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 'Skins look good every preseason. The regular season is where it counts though.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.I don't think either team looked good last night as some of you are saying. But thats to be expected as its the first preseason game.

2.Gibbs has never really cared about preseason. Their last super bowl year, they were 0-4 in the preseason.

3.Taylor was amazing.

4.The loss of Jansen hurts a ton, especially since its Brunell's blind side.

J.R.
08-10-2004, 05:34 PM
The Bronocos offense will be fine (although Lepsis moving to the other side of the line and starting second year George Foster at tackle presents some uncertainty). Regardless of how good a cover guy you are, you need a pass rush. No John Mobley, no Ian Gold, no Bert Berry = bad pass rush. The Broncos are a 9 win team, but they will run the ball and put up points. Too much emphsiss is put on preseason, especially early preseason games.