PDA

View Full Version : Tournament +ev ?

FISHLOVER
08-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Im winning 5/10 player but I really hate ring game and love tournaments. So i would like to start playing only tournaments, but im not sure about how much money you can expect to make from tournaments. I heard that good player could make 2.5 times buyin in MTT, but to me it sounds pretty much. So what im asking what kind of +ev you can expect to have in MTTs and in 5 seat SNGs(at least ladbrokes run these)?

Thanks for all comments... hope I can leave booring ring games soon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoSox
08-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Been wondering myself. I play mostly SNGs and have been playing more MTTs. I've moneyed in half of them and had a fifth last night of 750 entrants. I think the key for me is if I can at least money and cover the buy in half the time, then the +EV is the occasional one where you really get deep into the money.

I only play the tournies that pay at least the top 10%, and three out of 20 I've won 20 Buyins+ when I got deeper in the money. I've also found that once you make the money, it can be easier then you think to move up because people really loosen up and drop very quickly.

Hope this is part of an answer...