PDA

View Full Version : Weak to medium Aces after 1 loose limpers

Peter_rus
08-09-2004, 12:43 PM
1 loose (say 60% of seen flops) limper ahead of you. You're on a button. And if you raise you're 90% will face 3 or 4 way flop.

You have A9o-, or A7s-. What hands do you fold/limp/raise.

For me - i would raise A9o (sometimes A8o if limper weaker and see 70%+ of flops),A5s+. Limp with any other suited aces and fold the rest of ofsuited aces.

I don't know if im right and feel maybe i must raise more - maybe with A7o-A6o as well as any suited.

What do you think? And what do you do with these trashy aces?

Zele
08-09-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For me - i would raise A9o (sometimes A8o if limper weaker and see 70%+ of flops),A5s+. Limp with any other suited aces and fold the rest of ofsuited aces.

I don't know if im right and feel maybe i must raise more - maybe with A7o-A6o as well as any suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your first instinct. Raising crap A's is probably only (marginally) +EV if you isolate him, and as you said, that is unlikely.

Benjamin
08-09-2004, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems to be asking for trouble to drop so low ... especially if you have an opponent with 1/2 a brain in the blinds. If the blinds were tight and it was 90% that you would see only 1 or 2 opponents to the flop (instead of 2 or 3), then I'd like it a lot better, but I'd still would be unlikely to drop below A8o.

I don't have any quantitative data to support this, but it feels like I'm raising an awful lot already, to the point no one ever believes I have anything, so pushing it further with crappy aces seems wrong.

B.

tablecop
08-09-2004, 07:15 PM
i agree any suited ace is raisable here, i'm pretty tight with the offsuit stuff, always folding A8o and A9o if the limper has a clue and the blinds aren't tighter than average.