PDA

View Full Version : KK UTG against a raise and re-raise ATF

DonT77
08-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Home game, $50 buy-in, 27 of 28 players remain, no rebuys. Top 6 get paid on a flat payout structure. I'm at the 6-person table, and there are 3 other tables with 7 players each. This is about the 3rd orbit, blinds are at 50/100 and we all have stacks of about t8000 except one guy (button) who has about t16000 after taking out the last place finisher with TT vs 99 (all-in PF). My table is a collection of TAGs that are all experienced tournament players (except for one guy who doesn't belong and doesn't figure in this hand). Although TAGs, these players are known to occasionally raise over-the-top with nothing. This is by far the toughest table (cursing my table draw).

I am UTG with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, I raise to 300. UTG+1 calls, CO folds, button calls, SB & BB fold.

3 to the flop (pot = t1050)
T /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero/UTG bets t1000
UTG + 1 raises to t3000
Button re-raises to t5000

Do you fold or re-raise all-in (putting in t6700 to win t10050+)?

ohkanada
08-09-2004, 12:29 PM
You have shown strength twice and now on the flop you have been raised and re-raised. You have lots of chips and unless the players are crazy I would muck. The fact that TT got it allin pre-flop with 99, makes me think there is some crazy action going on.

Ken

fnord_too
08-09-2004, 01:06 PM
Painfully, you have to lay this down I think. The Button's re-raise has me scratching my head. Why the minimum reraise here? That is begging for a call while committing him to the pot, which suggests strength, but why make the mini reraise with great strength when there is a great chance you will overcall. He's in position too. Makes me wonder just what he is up to, but certainly I don't want to risk my tourney to find out. Maybe he thinks the utg+1 is on a steal and he is squeezing you with something like AT?

DonT77
08-09-2004, 03:54 PM
After seeing the Button double-up with TT earlier, I thought he might have QQ, JJ, or AT - I thought he might also have AA. I thought UTG+1 might be going for a raise-steal because I know the guys he plays with love that play - although it seems unlikely that he would put in 42% of his stack for that as he's already getting to the point of being PC's. This should have been an easy fold for me, but...

Hero/UTG raises all-in
UTG+1 calls all-in
Button calls all-in

Board:T /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero/UTG shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG+1 shows A /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif
Button shows T /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
River is 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 wins with Ace-high flush.

3 of the players from my table finish in the top 4 after I busted out in 27th.

AaronO
08-09-2004, 04:00 PM
I assume the river was not 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif as that was already on the board from the flop. River was a different club?

DonT77
08-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Good Catch Aaron - those guys were playing with a funny deck! I want my money back!!! Okay, it was some other club.

DonT77
08-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Rather than betting out on the flop, would it be better to check - raise the flop? Then if I am re-raised perhaps I could release the Kings easier?

AaronO
08-09-2004, 04:28 PM
That's tough, too. You don't want to give a free card to someone on a flush draw. So many times a raise right there will win the pot, or get a weak call from A-10 or A-K. Seems like you played it right until calling the reraise. It's tough to get away from those big pairs!!