PDA

View Full Version : more ?

stripsqueez
08-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Ah9d in the BB in a 10/20 6 max game

cutoff and button limp and the SB completes - i check

flop is As Kc 6d - chooky SB bets out - i raise and everyone calls !

turn is 7c - SB checks and everyone calls my bet

river is Ac - SB checks - i bet - cutoff folds - button raises and the SB folds

he sure looks like a man with an A in which case i cant believe he would of just called the turn with 2 pair - if he was that strange i might of noticed - pinch flush ?? - same story - he was a bit loose but not that much of a chook that he would of called 2 on the flop without a pair or a big draw - bigger kicker ?? - he presumably raises pre-flop

i still cant decide - my connection crashed as i was contemplating

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fnord_too
08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
AK maybe? Slow playing it from pre flop.

I played a 10/20 hand yesterday with AK, I Raise before the flop. I Raise on the K high flop. Bet out turn and river with TPTK only to see AA shown down. I don't think he raised pre flop, may have even been in a blind. Strange stuff I am seeing at this 10/20 level.

Zele
08-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Could have had a pair of K's on the flop, and assumed the river A meant you couldn't have one yourself. A little Bayes can be a dangerous thing. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Really, I've seen this play before.

sam h
08-09-2004, 01:25 PM
I think this is a value three bet, even if you're paying off a cap, which of course you are. Can't imagine him not raising the turn with two pair or a set. I do see people limping with big aces in this game sometime, but it is far more likely to be a standard-issue idiot who decided that trips is such a good hand that he just has to jack it up with his A3o. Plus, many players who limped here with AJ or AQ will not cap it, fearing a boat.

Nottom
08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still cant decide - my connection crashed as i was contemplating

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheater!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif