PDA

View Full Version : QQ with two pairs on the board

imsomoney
08-09-2004, 09:04 AM
How did I play this hand? Table was loose but quite passive for a Party table...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (21.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (12.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

chief444
08-09-2004, 09:12 AM
Why did you stop betting? Why did you think the river was a bad card for you?

I could see an argument for checking the turn, although I would certainly not agree. But the river is a definite value bet. I'm fairly confident you won this pot.

imsomoney
08-09-2004, 09:18 AM
At a table full of calling stations, I always worry when there is a baord like this because a lot of them will hang around with any peice of the flop in their hand... I was scared of getting check raised by trips...

tardigrade
08-09-2004, 09:35 AM
I think he won the pot, too, seeing the complete action. On the river, he might be able to fold a flush with a bet, and he might get a king-high caller or a guy with a 7 betting on 3 pair, but that would have to be a perfect day at a perfect table. I guess I just don't see enough value there to bet unless these guys are really super-callers.

chief444
08-09-2004, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At a table full of calling stations, I always worry when there is a baord like this because a lot of them will hang around with any peice of the flop in their hand... I was scared of getting check raised by trips...

[/ QUOTE ]
If you get check/raised I think you could safely fold.

kgrad5
08-09-2004, 10:22 AM
bet the turn, bet the river, fold to a checkraise.

CLC
08-09-2004, 11:59 AM
I think I would take a stab at the turn. If raised back seriously consider folding, depending on read. If no raise, then I would bet the river.

LeftBack
08-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Even though nobody bet, I can't believe you're not up against a full house. Too many players not to have an A, especially since one flopped. Attack the turn, exercise caution at the river.

Someone else missed a lot of bets, I think.

chief444
08-09-2004, 12:55 PM
The turn checked through, a 2nd (of 4) Ace came on the river and it's checked to you with only one opponent left to act. Why would you feel based on the play of this hand anyone has a full boat? The river is a good card for QQ.

brichr
08-09-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Sometimes it feels like that but, if I wasn't scared of someone holding an Ace on the flop to be me, I wouldn't beat scared of someone holding an 8 to beat me. Bet the turn and bet the river.

LeftBack
08-09-2004, 05:13 PM
I admit no one bet the A. And you would think that even the greenest poker player would bet a full house, so I guess I'm guilty of MUTB.

It would be rare (in my experience) if 3 Party'ers stuck with a flop that includes an A, and none of them had an A, but poker happens, I guess.

It would have been interesting to test the set with a bet on the turn, or the full house on the river, as well.

razor
08-09-2004, 07:21 PM
The decks I play with only have 4 Aces.

jmark
08-09-2004, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be rare (in my experience) if 3 Party'ers stuck with a flop that includes an A, and none of them had an A, but poker happens, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's tons of times when 3 players call a Axx flop but none of them have an ace.

imsomoney
08-09-2004, 10:11 PM
What I was worried about, more specifically, is that someone would call my flop bet with Ax...then raise the river when they improved to a full house. I think I def. should have bet the turn and check/called the river /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 9h Qd (two pair, aces and eights).
UTG+2 shows Th Kc (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero shows Qs Qc (two pair, aces and queens).
MP3 shows Tc 9c (two pair, aces and eights).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.75 BB. </font>

Luv2DriveTT
08-10-2004, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn, bet the river, fold to a checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. From the action on the forth &amp; fifth streets it looks like EVERYONE was afraid of trips or a house. You were in great position, you should have bet the turn, and then folded if you were re-raised (unless everyone in front of you calls the re-raise... then you just HAVE to stick around!). Same thing on the river - a perfect place for a Value bet. If they didn't check-raise the turn, they wouldn't do it on the river either.

In da club /images/graemlins/club.gif

Jaran
08-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Hey imsomoney,
1/2 right. You should be betting both the turn and the river.

-Jaran