PDA

View Full Version : Terribly played AQ

edge
08-09-2004, 01:59 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 max, 6 handed)

CO ($26.42)
Button ($18.25)
SB ($43.65)
BB ($23.30)
UTG ($67.56)
Hero ($24.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, CO calls $2, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.75) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($10.75) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

River: ($20.75) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3.

Final Pot: $26.75

I used to be a SNG player, but I started playing the NL25 6-max games while clearing the Party bonus, and I've found them much more profitable, so I'll most likely stay with them. That being said, I know I played this hard very poorly.

Most of the time I bet out with a decent hand, but for some reason, I decided to trap with this flopped monster, so I paused a lot before checking, hoping to look scared. The turn brought the third flush card, at which point I was actually getting a bit scared. What do I do on the turn? I'm most likely still ahead, so check-raise? Bet out?

I know I mangled the river, should I push after his weak bet? I was still afraid of the flush, and figured that a weaker hand would fold to a check-raise push, and only a boat or flush would call.