PDA

View Full Version : flopped a boat, did i miss any bets?

Big Folder
08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I got lucky that so many people decided to stay in and the button kept betting while I slowplayed this. But for future reference should I have started firing back on the turn or maybe even check raise the river? thanks

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

edit: the converted play, thanks sublime /images/graemlins/cool.gif

sublime
08-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Yo-

Try Bisons converter

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Big Folder
08-08-2004, 11:37 PM
sorry i did, i just copy and pasted the wrong text box /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bisonbison
08-08-2004, 11:47 PM
bet flop. bet the turn. bet the river. You should also consider raising preflop.

You missed roughly ten million bets.

Big Folder
08-08-2004, 11:48 PM
so no slowplay? Is a slowplay ever worth anything at this level?

bisonbison
08-08-2004, 11:50 PM
so no slowplay?

No.

Is a slowplay ever worth anything at this level?

If you never slowplayed, I doubt it would cost you a cent.

Besides, you didn't slowplay. You sleepwalked through this hand. You flopped a boat and 1 bet went in on every postflop street. Not good.

Big Folder
08-08-2004, 11:52 PM
gotcha thanks

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Folder, you can think of betting as disguising your hand. I bet the flop here with a boat, 4 jacks, 3 jacks, a flush draw, an overpair, and an OESD.

Most low limit players will never bet here with those first 3 hands, and they miss bets because of it. Imagine if someone else had held the case jack and wanted to get in a raising war with you, trapping people between you. That equals a huge pot. You could have had a huge pot, and you will win it &gt; 90% of the time. You must bet so that betting happens and you must bet to allow someone to raise.

Big Folder
08-09-2004, 12:10 AM
bison, thanks for taking the time to explain that. Its nice that even us rookies can get answers /images/graemlins/cool.gif

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 12:13 AM
bison, thanks for taking the time to explain that. Its nice that even us rookies can get answers

Well, I read my responses here and didn't want you to get the idea that I was angry or something. We practice tough love here.

In 3 weeks you'll consider making a post that goes something like this:

I flopped top set and some schmuck called 3 bets on the flop turn and river with an underpair to the board! I can't believe these guys!*

Won't that be nice? And you won't have to ask if you missed any bets.

* do not make this post

Jimbobobb
08-09-2004, 01:00 AM
"check raise the river?"

ACK!! you want people to call, as you have the nuts :-) Not make them call 2 cold between ya!!! :-) Like those above said, had you been betting the whole way, you might have gotten everyone trapped between you and button calling at least an extra bet on each round. Slowplaying at micro-limits just doesn't seem worth it - people will call you anyway, so take advantage.