PDA

View Full Version : Discount blinds & spread limit in Vegas

MisterKing
08-08-2004, 11:04 PM
So I'm well aware of the spread limit games at Excalibur (how could one not be after the excellent Magoo reports!!), but I'm now curious as to whether there are other spread limit games in Vegas, and whether there are any games that have a "discount" on the blinds relative to later bets? By the latter, I mean a 4/8 game with blinds 1 and 2 or something like that.

Reason I ask, is that I assume these games heavily favor quality postflop play, since you can see lots of flops cheaply relatively to later bets. Are these games a good option for someone willing to play tight postflop that might not otherwise be able to bankroll a higher limit? In other words, if I cannot normally bankroll a 4/8 game, but can see the flop for 2/4 prices, are these games good for me? Thanks folks!

*I suppose its worth adding that I'm not too concerned that I could break even or beat the 4/8 if I did have the resources to bankroll it*

Dynasty
08-09-2004, 12:59 AM
It's standard on the Strip for the 4-8 games to have blinds of $1 and $2. Only the Bellagio has the standard $2 and $4 blinds.

Howard Burroughs
08-09-2004, 04:23 AM
The Excalibur sometimes gets up a $2-10 game (besides their normal $2-6 & $1-3 spread limit games).

They had one ($2-10) Thursday night that had a guy sitting on my right, who had never played poker in his life (he's been watching the poker shows on TV). He went through $900 in three hours.

Spread limit can be real nice at times :-)

Best of Luck

Howard