PDA

View Full Version : First foray into live NL. How would you play this hand?

newjade
08-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Hello, I played my first live NL last Friday. The fourth hand I was dealt AKo in mp. Blinds are 2/4 with $100 min/max buyin. I had just won about $40 in the previous hand. At the time of the hand I didn't know anything about anybody. The poker room had only been open since Monday.

UTG raised to 15. Folded to me, I raise to $35. Everyone folds to utg who calls. Flop is Qxx. UTG bets $25. What is my play, raise, call, fold?

Thanks,

Rob

vulturesrow
08-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Easy fold.

turnipmonster
08-09-2004, 12:26 PM
easy fold.

JrJordan
08-09-2004, 12:55 PM
He's playing back at your aggression and you have no read with A-high. Power muck.

newjade
08-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I did fold. You confirmed my actions. However, after playing with the guy for 4 hours he turns out to bluff at a lot of pots. If you know he is a bluffer, does that change your course of action?

Do you still fold, thereby only losing your original call and raise, do you call him down, or do you reraise, possibly going all in. I just can't imagine me being ahead here.

Or, do you reraise all in before the flop putting the decision back on him, knowing he does bluff a lot?

I have to say, playing live NL was a much different animal than limit or even online NL.

Rob

Garland
08-09-2004, 04:51 PM
You really need to mention UTG's stack to get a good answer. If it's his last $25 or close to it, I think you're pretty committed to this hand. Otherwise, you'll have to get a read on him to see if he's betting a pocket pair, bluffing you out or if you suspect he has the worst hand you could be up against...AQ.

Garland

newjade
08-09-2004, 06:40 PM
He had about $100. I had about $120.