PDA

View Full Version : Set, spade, spade, spade, spade

bennyk
08-08-2004, 08:52 PM
Wondering about the line on this set.
BB is average (for UB), which means much more reasonable than you party people are used to. He may have been trying to push a little, because I had recently won a few hands without showdowns.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (3.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

Happy?
bk

katzenmoyer
08-08-2004, 11:16 PM
I think you are beat, but you played the hand right.

papawawa
08-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Is it right to raise the turn heads up when the 3rd spade hits? Considering the action on the flop, I would call this down expecting to see a flush. Or no?

chief444
08-09-2004, 01:30 PM
Finally a post from you that I agree with. /images/graemlins/wink.gifI also play this the same.

CLC
08-09-2004, 02:13 PM
I don't think I would 3-bet the turn. Call me chicken, but I think he made his flush. I would be praying for my boat to come in.

The 4th spade hurts, but I would call down though. Could be lieing.

dfscott
08-09-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I would 3-bet the turn. Call me chicken, but I think he made his flush. I would be praying for my boat to come in.

The 4th spade hurts, but I would call down though. Could be lieing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He only raised the turn, which I think is the right play. You need to raise the turn to make him prove he has the flush. But even when you're three-bet, you have to call to try and fill up.

CLC
08-09-2004, 04:23 PM
My error, you are right. What I meant was I wouldn't raise the turn. Just call down.

tardigrade
08-09-2004, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He only raised the turn, which I think is the right play. You need to raise the turn to make him prove he has the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's raising for value on the turn. If he's raising for information to see if he has a flush, then why call the river when he doesn't fill up? I think a turn raise has to be motivated purely by value, since he can't reasonably change the way he plays it based on any info he gets from a 3-bet.

dfscott
08-09-2004, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He only raised the turn, which I think is the right play. You need to raise the turn to make him prove he has the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's raising for value on the turn. If he's raising for information to see if he has a flush, then why call the river when he doesn't fill up? I think a turn raise has to be motivated purely by value, since he can't reasonably change the way he plays it based on any info he gets from a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

True I didn't mean to imply that this was one of those "raise for information" plays. It's just that you have to consider that you might not have the best hand once you're 3-bet.