PDA

View Full Version : William's SNG week: DAY 1

William
08-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Here are my results for the first day. (all times are ET)
1 table 109$ SNG at PartyPoker.
1st place pays 500$
2nd place pays 300$
3rd place pays 200$

Session 1:
From 07:35 to 09:35 (2 hours)
2nd: 2
3rd: 1
Out of the money: 2 (no bubbles)
Total result: +255$

Session 2:
From 10:45 to 12:30 (1 hour 45 min.)
1st: 1
2nd: 1
OOTM: 3 (no bubbles)

Session 3:
From 14:50 to 17:50 (3 hours)
1st: 1
OOTM: 4 (2 bubbles)
Total result: -45$

Session 4:
From 17:30 to 19:45 (2 hours 15 min.)
2nd: 2
3rd: 3 (no bubbles)

Total Result Day 1: +720$

My first impression is that these first results are not good enough.
I bubbled twice when I was the chip leader both times.
All 5 times I came second I also was chip leader at some point with about 70% of all chips.

I finished 10th once, the rest of the "out of the money" finishes were around 5ht/7th.
I suffered a few bad beats of course, but sucked out myself a couple of times, though not as many times as the other way around.

My playing style was quite tight, playing only strong hands in the first 2/3 levels, but when I played a hand, usually big pairs, I normally got paid, which indicates that most of the other players were not really paying attention.

3/4 times I landed at a very tight table. The rest of the time, there was 1, maybe 2 good players, the rest didn't really knew what they were doing.

All in all a good start. I think the net result should have been a little higher, but of course only 20 SNGs is not enough to make any conclusions. Tomorrow will be a new day.

Questions and comments are welcome.

William

nothumb
08-08-2004, 09:11 PM
William,

I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to SNG's, but I think your results (if they were to go on this way for a while) seem to indicate that you need to be more aggressive once you are ITM.

Seems like you're doing well, though. Do you have any trouble playing multiple SNG's at once? I've found this detracts greatly from my reading ability.

NT

stupidsucker
08-08-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to SNG's, but I think your results (if they were to go on this way for a while) seem to indicate that you need to be more aggressive once you are ITM.

[/ QUOTE ]

20 SnGs is not nearly enough to consider giving advice on his play yet IMO. I cant say I know william very well, but I can say with confidence that he is an aggressive player.

I often have streaks where I cant get passed 3rd because I am aggressive and my opponets either have a monster or they call with stupid hands and win. Its amazing what people will call with sometimes. (I am sure its a little better at the 100s.) Today I had a guy call all in with KJ after 2 of us were already all in. Then he called me an idiot for pushing with A9 from the button.(same hand)