PDA

View Full Version : aq when rags flop

Big Folder
08-08-2004, 07:09 PM
had a flush draw, but otherwise if I just had overcards how far should i take it?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Jimbobobb
08-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Even without the flush draw, I'd probably play it the same way. I think the river play is highly dependent on your read of your opponent. If they're the type to call all the way with a draw then throw away their hand for one more, I'll fire one off. If they call down with any piece of the board, I give up. If they call down with or without any piece of the board, I usually bet because I believe my ace will be good a good amount of the time.

edit:
Looking at it again, I think the turn play is also very player dependant. If they're apt to fold, bet. Otherwise take the free card, and reevaluate on the river.

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 12:19 AM
this is fine.