PDA

View Full Version : 66 UTG in a scrumpcious pot

Haupt_234
08-08-2004, 05:52 PM
5/10 at the stone. Table is very loose (4-6 seeing the flop). MP1(Lag-o) is LAGmaniac who raises almost everytime with anything (T7o utg, only seen limping with 23o).

Hero is dealt 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif UTG.

Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, Lag-o raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, I call.

6 to the flop: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, Lag-o raises, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero 3bets, UTG+1 folds, Lag-o caps, MP3 and hero call.

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks /images/graemlins/confused.gif, Lag-o bets, MP3 calls, I call.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, Lag-o bets, MP3 calls, Hero raises, Lag-o folds, MP3 calls.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Haupt_234

balkii
08-08-2004, 06:25 PM
about the only thing i do differently is bet the turn. While possibly being the worst card you could have seen, you are up against a guy who could have any 2 cards, and another guy who is calling the bets simply because he knows the LAG doesnt have anything. I'd bet the turn and call down if raised.

Rubeskies
08-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with Balkii that you should bet this turn. They could have any two cards including over cards, two pair, any 4, any 9, any two pair, and any big heart. The only hands that beat you now are two hearts, an 8, and an unlikely 3.

Given the range of hands you have to value bet this because you are probably still ahead and you don't want to give a free card to a lone big heart or 9.

Also if you are behind you still have around 10 outs to hit the best hand (3 4's, 3 5's, 3 7's, and 1 6).

Rico Suave
08-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Haupt:

With the 3rd opponent in, I am checking the turn as well. MP3 is either a total calling station, or is on a draw... and most draws just got there. You cannot fold the turn if you bet, are raised by lag and 3-bet by MP3; and lag will ensure no one gets a free card.

--Rico

Navers
08-08-2004, 09:31 PM
why would you bet the turn? With six players to the flop, one of them should have the eight and they are getting good odds to see the turn. You can't expect only overcards to call. Maybe I'm wrong though.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

brassnuts
08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
scrumptralescant

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-08-2004, 09:39 PM
I would bet the turn. Set over set?

W. Deranged
08-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I play it just like you do here. I really don't think you can bet the flop here, because you are almost certainly beat here when the worst possible card comes, and you are just looking for one of your ten out. All that betting does is cut down what are, at this point in the hand, implied odds.

justin
08-08-2004, 09:45 PM
with MP calling calling calling on the flop, every possible draw he had arrived, except a 4 for the bottom end of an OESD. I don't see how you can bet the turn.

Rico Suave
08-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Navers:

[ QUOTE ]
why would you bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other have explained why they would. I said I would not bet the turn.

--Rico

Haupt_234
08-09-2004, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
about the only thing i do differently is bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should the good possibility of LAGmaniac raising my bet on the turn with overcards influence me from betting/checking at all?

Haupt_24

tolbiny
08-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Should the good possibility of LAGmaniac raising my bet on the turn with overcards influence me from betting/checking at all?

Hell yes... it should make you want to bet more often.

tolbiny
08-09-2004, 09:57 AM
MP3 could also have a hand with a 9 in it, having a gut shot. I bet the turn here if LAG will still raise with a pair/overcards/lone big heart. Getting mp3 out with a gutshot would be a good thing here, and having lag throw in more bets while he is way behind/drawing dead is also a good thing here.

Six_of_One
08-09-2004, 02:12 PM
I like checking the turn. Once MP3 only calls though, I think your hand is still good and I'd check raise. After check-raising the turn, you'd have to bet the river I think, because even a LAG would probably check behind in that spot (if you really think he would still bluff if you check, of course, the river check raise would be great).