PDA

View Full Version : BB with top pair no kicker

eecswrx
08-08-2004, 05:31 PM
I think I need to improve my play in these situations. I don't have a specific play in mind but here is usually what goes down:

On a typical low limit (2/4) loose but relatively passive table I am on the BB with K6o. 5 players + me take the flop & small blind folds (no raises).

Flop comes K, 10, 4 rainbow.

What is the correct play on the flop & beyond in these situations assuming there are no obvoius draws (and no A comes out)? I hate being stuck in a check/call mode but then again betting into that flop with a 6 kicker does not seem like teh best play either. Should I just give this hand up?

Thanks

Rubeskies
08-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I think you have to bet or checkraise this flop. Thinking you are dominated here is probably weak tight. There are only two other possible kings out there (you have one and one is on the board) and AK or AQ you probably would have heard about preflop from a raise.

If you are raised or 3-bet here you can think about laying this down. But as for right now you have top pair and probably the best hand. Remember these players will limp and call with anything.

TripleH68
08-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Think about this one for awhile. "Check down" mode in this situation will likely lose you the most chips...and win you the least. The problem is finding yourself up against a poor player who will call down rather than fold to your aggressive play. You must have a read on the table...