PDA

View Full Version : AK vs LAG holder of a flush

Luv2DriveTT
08-08-2004, 04:15 PM
I knew at the turn when he three-bet against me that he had the flush, and from his pre-flop play I would assume it may not have been high cards since he is a rather agressive PF raiser. From watching the villan's play so far, he will drive any hand to the river, he is not afraid of re-raises - thats why I didn't cap him on the turn. Advice? Should I have not called his re-raise on the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (12.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 9h 8h (flush, ace high).
Hero shows Ks As (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 12.75 BB. </font>

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 12:26 AM
You'll get better responses if you don't include the results.

This looks fine.

Should I have not called his re-raise on the river?

I assume you mean the turn. You can answer this question yourself. After he 3-bets you on the turn, if he has a flush, can you beat him with certain river cards? How many certain river cards? What are the odds that one such card will come? What odds is the pot offering you? Is there a chance he's overplaying a hand you're ahead of? How does that impact evaluating the odds?

crockett
08-09-2004, 12:28 PM
O.k. I hope I'm not hijacking the thread. Just trying to learn and improve. I'll play along.

He has 4 outs (2 K's and 2 A's) the pot has a total of 9.75 BB. So he is 11.5:1 on his call and should not call.

Of course if he calls it is really 10.75 BB (which we assume he will). So the call is close so if you
feel he is over-playing his cards then you should call.

Is this right?

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 12:37 PM
yeah. Basically, I wouldn't fold. The chance that his opponent is actually behind + the opportunity to extract 2 or more BB on the river if he fills up makes this a definite call for me.

chief444
08-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Looks fine to me. I'm not folding top two pair against an aggressive opponent on this board. I would expect the hand to either be good or improve often enough to make calling the turn (and calling or raising the river) profitable.

Rico Suave
08-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Bison:

[ QUOTE ]
After he 3-bets you on the turn, if he has a flush, can you beat him with certain river cards? How many certain river cards? What are the odds that one such card will come? What odds is the pot offering you? Is there a chance he's overplaying a hand you're ahead of? How does that impact evaluating the odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

That involves way too much thinking for me. For Christ's sake, we are just playing poker here. You make it sound like work. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

--Rico

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 01:17 PM
That involves way too much thinking for me. For Christ's sake, we are just playing poker here. You make it sound like work.

Dude, I 4-table. My thought process on this turn would be:

Me good hand, me push chip!

chief444
08-09-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, I 4-table. My thought process on this turn would be:

Me good hand, me push chip!

[/ QUOTE ]
I can barely keep track of 2. 3 makes my head hurt. /images/graemlins/confused.gif