PDA

View Full Version : Miller's Book In Toronto

Wyers
08-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Does anyone north of the border know where I can pick up a copy of Ed Miller's book? Indigo/Chapters is not yet carrying it online or in their stores. I currently live just outside of Toronto and will travel anywhere in the GTA in order to purchase a copy.

I've checked eBay.ca but anyone who is selling the book is located in the US.

Any ideas? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance,

Sean

razor
08-08-2004, 01:58 PM
try Amazon.ca

order it today and you should have it by Tuesday. Of course you should have pre-ordered it from them and it would've arrived at your doorstep over a week ago... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

08-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Yes. I pre-ordered it on Amazon.ca and got it last week. I get all my poker books from Amazon because their prices and selection are superior to Chapters (I am only referring to poker books). SSH is only $24 Cdn.

It seems that Chapters are a little behind when it comes to poker books. Have you ever seen their store collection? They don't have any 2+2 books and instead choose to stock the shelves with books by Ken Warren, some of the Cloutier/McEvoy Champion books, Krieger's Poker for Dummies, John Vorhous, Phil Hellmuth, Andy Nelson, Gary Carson, Ashley Adams and Edwin Silberstang - not even close to a decent collection for a national book store. The only debatable 'must have' books that they do carry is Caro's Book of Tells and SuperSystem.

How the buyer decide to go with these books over twoplustwo titles and Ciaffone books or even Lee Jones is beyond me...

Wyers
08-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Agreed. Chapters offers a poor selection of poker books. I couldn't even find the Lee Jones book in any of their stores and had to order it online.

I saw the Miller book on amazon.ca but the site states there is a 6-9 week wait for shipment. Figured I'd post on here and see if anyone knew of any specialty stores in the Toronto area where I may be able to buy it sooner.

Lee Jones provided a good base and definitely got me on the right tack - now I'm eager to get my hands on Miller's book.

MKR
08-08-2004, 06:28 PM
It took me less than a week despite what the site says.

MKR

Wyers
08-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah. I sent off my order hoping that was the case.

Thanks for all of your help guys.

razor
08-08-2004, 07:01 PM
I didn't realize they were out of stock already... I guess it probably won't arrive in a couple days than, but I doubt it'll take as long as they say...

Redmen62
08-08-2004, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SSH is only $24 Cdn.

[/ QUOTE ]

(Swears loudly) I hope twoplustwo appreciates my business, as I paid around $50 CDN all told for my copy from Conjelco.

SlantNGo
08-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Said 1 to 3 months on Amazon.ca so I cancelled my order, then cursed when I couldn't find it elsewhere, and re-ordered it a week later, and it had been changed to 1 to 3 weeks. Then it came in the mail 3 days later... ignore their estimate /images/graemlins/laugh.gif