PDA

View Full Version : A hand for review please

Sidekick
08-08-2004, 01:07 PM
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed)

I haven't been at this table long. Started at BB and it had gotten around to me being CO, so no real reads on most of the other players. From my notes I know that UTG and MP3 are solid players.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

I didn't raise after the flop, because I was afraid that I would cause the other players to fold.

Turn: (4 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

I was thinking if one of them was drawing to the flush that I didn't want them raising over the top of me, so I just checked here. Is this a case of seeing monsters under the bed?

Final Pot: 10 BB

All comments are greatly appreciated.

Brain
08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Bet that river. You shouldn't fear runner-runner flushes.

Rjeeves
08-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Well, i might have raised on the flop. I'm not to big on slow playing trips...

Nottom
08-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Raise preflop if you are going to play.

I don't hate the flop slowplay given your position relative to the bettor.

Not betting the river here is just scared poker. The flush is of the runner-runner variety so its much less likely anybody is chasing it, not that it really matters since I would have bet anyway.