PDA

View Full Version : Lay this down on the turn?

fnord_too
08-08-2004, 01:04 PM
From the not respecting turn raises enough dept....

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qc Qd (one pair, queens).
Button shows 9h Tc (two pair, tens and nines).
Outcome: Button wins 11.50 BB. </font>

Peter_rus
08-08-2004, 02:13 PM
I would never do it. I can fold on river if spade not improving me falls.

Kaz The Original
08-08-2004, 02:26 PM
You fear runner runner flush?

Peter_rus
08-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I fear turn raise and 1 spade more makes me near confident im beaten. He can easily have As3s, AsTs, AsJs etc...

Zele
08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
I would never fold it with the flush draw out there, and I probably wouldn't anyway.

If you start respecting turn raises too much, you'll end up in a world of hurt.

fnord_too
08-09-2004, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold it with the flush draw out there, and I probably wouldn't anyway.

If you start respecting turn raises too much, you'll end up in a world of hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had quite the opposite problem, not respecting them enough. That is one of my biggest weaknesses, knowing when to give up or keep playing a good hand when raised on the turn.

I see in retrospect that you are quite correct, as the turn card actuall made a few draws possible and this could easily be a semi bluff, and I am getting 9.5-2 to call this down.