PDA

View Full Version : Williams's 100+9 SNG Challenge at PartyPoker

William
08-08-2004, 12:59 PM
It' s been a while since I have seriously played SNGs and as it is a good idea to get away from your regular game every now and then, I have decided to play 100+9 SNGs for a whole week at Party (I used to play 2-tables at Stars, but the waiting time has becomed too long at that site, so I will try playing 1-table at Party).

The idea is to play 4 sessions of 5 SNGs every day (but I will be flexible in this regard, as it is important to play in good conditions, i.e. not tired, stressed and so on), no more than 3 tables at once, so these sessions should last somewhere around 2 hours each.

This way, for a week I would be playing for about 8 hours a day, wich corresponds to a normal working day.

I might still play some MTT on the side, but first priority will be the SNGs.

I will be posting the results every day so those who are interested can follow my progress, one way or the other.

I still believe it is more profitable to play ring games, but as I have mentionned many times, a change of pace is something of the wisest you can do if you play poker professionally.

It is also a good oportunity for me to analize my own game and see how it has improved or deteriorated in the last 6/7 months.

There has been much discussion about the size of a bankroll when you play SNG's.
I believe all kind of amounts have been mentionned, but as I have my own idea of what is necessary to survive playing SNGs, I will bankroll myself with 1500$ for this experiment and consider myself unable to play SNGs for profit if I lose this bankroll.

Wish me luck /images/graemlins/smile.gif
William

durron597
08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I strongly recommend at least 20 buyins for an SnG bankroll - even if you are a winning player (which I'm sure you are). Right now with a 37% ROI, if I only had 14 buyins in my BR, my RoR would be 5%; with 20 buyins it drops to under 2%, and with 25 buyins it drops to under half a percent.

That being said, happy hunting, and I wish you well on your quest!

PrayingMantis
08-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Good luck, William, and great idea.

I'll follow your results (at last we're going to see some SNG posts coming out of you /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

BTW, are you going to do most of it during Party's peak hours? Or maybe it doesn't matter too much to you?

William
08-08-2004, 01:54 PM
It really doesn't matter that much. I have a very busy schedule with my kids, so whenever I have a couple of hours I'll be playing.

I guess I'll be trying games at all hours, and I'll be posting the time brackets, so maybe we can all learn something on that aspect as well.

AleoMagus
08-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I think for this kind of change of pace, 14ish buy-ins is fine. In fact, I think William knows full well what a proper sng bankroll should be.

The point is, why eat into a huge chunk of ones regular bankroll on what is intended merely as a change of pace.

Your exact win rate has a lot to do with your risk of ruin and I suspect that William will be fine in this regard.

It's just risk preference after all

Regards
Brad S

La Brujita
08-08-2004, 05:07 PM
I heard William is really Howard Lederer is that true?

stupidsucker
08-08-2004, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I heard William is really Howard Lederer is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but based on the demeanor of Williams posts and the way I have seen Howard conduct himself on TV/videos, I dont think this is true.

Perhaps what you said was just a joke, and maybe I fell for it hook line and sinker. Perhaps you are right and I am way off base.

William
08-08-2004, 08:27 PM
He meant it as a joke.
HL is a working class boy that has learned good manners (his sister hasn't), I am an overclass snob with bad ones. No mistake is possible /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William

DrPhysic
08-08-2004, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This way, for a week I would be playing for about 8 hours a day, wich corresponds to a normal working day.

[/ QUOTE ]

A job? A real work for a living JOB?

Never happen!!!

Stealing money from fish is too easy.

Doc