PDA

View Full Version : Nixons The One.

Zeno
08-08-2004, 12:17 PM
In the recent Atlantic more transcripts of Nixon's tapes are presented. RN = You know who. HK = Henry Kissinger.

__________________________________________________ _

The Ivy League (April 18, 1972)

HK: I had the Ivy League presidents in yesterday. They asked to see me.

RN: Holy Sh*t. Sons of bitches - I wouldn't have seen them. They don't deserve it. I'll tell you this, they are never - I'm surprised that we really have - who did this? Haldeman told you to have them in?

HK: They called him for a meeting with you.

RN: The Ivy League presidents? Oh, I won't let those sons of bitches ever in the White House again. Never. Never. None of them. They're finished. The Ivy League schools are Finished. My God-

HK: I spent an hour with them, and it was revolting, because they have now embraced the program of the radicals. They said, in effect, they want us of cut off economic and military aid--

RN: And what happens?

HK: They said, have a Communist government in power in Saigon. I said, have you considered that? I'm amazed that leaders of educational institutions should take such a position on a moral issue. The President of Harvard said, 'Look, there are a lot of immoral things happening in the world which we don't resist.'

RN: So, Henry, look, I would not have had them in. So don't ever do that again. Don't ever have them in again. They came out against us when it was tough. Don't ever have them in again. And when they [unintelligible]. Don't ever go to an Ivy League school again. Ever. Never, never, never.

Bombing Haiphong. [a North Vietnamese harbor that was currently under blockade](May 5, 1972)

RN:………But I want that place, whenever the planes are available, bombed to smithereens during the blockade. If we draw the sword on ‘em, we’er gonna bomb those bastards all over the place.

HK: No question.

RN: And let if fly, let it fly.

HK: The only point I disagree – we can do all of this without killing too many civilians. I just know we can.

RN: I don’t want to kill civilians, you know that. I don’t try to kill any. But, goddamn it, don’t be so careful that you don’t knock out the oil tanks.

HK: God, no.

RN: See me point?

__________________________________________________ ___

More than ever, Mr. Nixon. I voted for this Goon. Best vote of my life.

-Zeno

Toro
08-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Yeah that Vietnam policy was a real winner. All those guys who made the ultimate sacrifice and for what. Not to mention the poor guys who came back without an arm or leg or whatever. What a waste!

andyfox
08-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Goon is a charitable description. I prefer racist, anti-semitic, ignorant, vicious, pathological lying war criminal. Take out the anti-semitic and you have a perfect description of Kissinger.

Evil-doers.

cardcounter0
08-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Kissinger was Bush's pick to head the 9/11 Whitewash Commission. Too bad, but even the light from this appointment caused the cockroach to scurry back under a rock and hide in the darkness. Seems he didn't want any publicity on current business partners and associations. Which is quite remarkable considering the conflicts of interest and questionable dealings of the current administration.

Kurn, son of Mogh
08-08-2004, 03:31 PM
There's an old Vulcan proverb that says "Only Nixon could go to China." /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Zeno
08-08-2004, 11:32 PM
It is hard for me, sometimes, to realize that it has been thirty years since that weasel was shoved out of the White House into that helicopter. So much has happen since that time. I never doubted that Nixon was a crook; I assumed that was normal operating procedure for almost all politicians. I never did know the full story until 1994, when I read an extensive news article dealing with all the Watergate shenanigans at the twentieth anniversary of his resignation. When the whole episode was occurring, I was a very busy young man working long hours and having the government steal most of the money away in taxes. That hasn’t change at all.

I wonder what sort of retrospective will be in the news on the 30th anniversary of Nixon's resignation?

Those were rather tortuous years for our country but we survived.

-Zeno