PDA

View Full Version : 88 on a stealraise

House-Lion
08-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I was new to the table but I had noticed that the player on my left had some LAGish tendencies calling and raising with a lot of hands and seeing at least half the flops.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button <font color="purple">(LAGish)</font> calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAGish calls, SB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, LAGish calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">LAGish raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="green"> Pot is now 12 BB, whats the best course of action here? Raise or call? </font>

Joe Tall
08-08-2004, 10:55 AM
That's not a steal raise. It's very likely you have the best hand.

I would not fear a gut-shot here as it's very likely he has 2-pair and would re-raise this river every time.

Peace,
Joe Tall

colgin
08-08-2004, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whats the best course of action here? Raise or call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise. I think it is much more likely that LAG has two pair than a straight here.

TheHip41
08-08-2004, 01:16 PM
It's criminal not to re-raise here.

Derek

Victor
08-08-2004, 01:18 PM
This is simple hand reading. He is laggish so he would have 3-bet A-Q preflop. He would just call with Q-9 though. I raise and call a reraise. Most likely he hit 2-pair.

Garland
08-08-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm fearing broadway now (AQ), but to not 3-bet the set would be criminal because there are still tons of hands he would raise that you can beat.

Garland

The13atman
08-08-2004, 05:51 PM
I reraise here every time against a LAG player.