PDA

View Full Version : I was barely awake before the fireworks began...

chesspain
08-08-2004, 09:40 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

As I sipped my morning coffee, and skimmed through the dearth of fresh posts here in Small Stakes on this Sunday morning, I decided to see what was shaking at Party. Although the morning, weekend games are often fairly passive, with low average pot sizes, I noticed that one table had an average pot size of 10BB. I decided to check it out.

Within only a few hands it became obvious that there were at least a couple of very fishy calling stations (most noteably MP1, who will play nearly any two and bet with any piece of the flop), but since I was on only my second orbit, I didn't have any further, specific reads on anyone.

Preflop: chesspain is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, chesspain calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, chesspain calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
chesspain checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.25 BB, between chesspain and Button.</font>

<font color="blue">Should I have slowed down after being reraised on the turn? Or did I slow down too soon by checking the river?</font>

lil'
08-08-2004, 10:02 AM
I probably would bet and call a river raise. I never belive in quads.

So anyway, you're too good for 2-4. That's the real story,

chesspain
08-08-2004, 10:19 AM
My wife keeps suggesting that I move up to 3/6--but her logic is so I'll face fewer river suckouts /images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Since I downloaded Pokertracker ten days ago, I've been bouncing around between break-even and -40BB over this period of my first, recorded 2,500 hands. Whereas I know that this is only forty hours of mostly single-table play, it just feels like I should be winning my 2-4BB/100 every day, like punching a time clock /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

I'll be heading down to Foxwoods with the wife this week for a two-day getway; maybe the supersoft 4/8 games will boost my confidence--although I know if JT is reading this he'll just shake his head, since he thinks I should be playing the 5/10 kill game.

P.S. to lil': Should I have capped the flop?

lil'
08-08-2004, 10:27 AM
My wife keeps suggesting that I move up to 3/6--but her logic is so I'll face fewer river suckouts
What a cool wife, she wants a hubby who plays in the big games!

Since I downloaded Pokertracker ten days ago, I've been bouncing around between break-even and -40BB over this period of my first, recorded 2,500 hands.
Yes, but at 3-6, it's only 26BB! And At 5-10 it's 16!!! See?!?! It will be less work to make that up!

I'll be heading down to Foxwoods with the wife this week for a two-day getway; maybe the supersoft 4/8 games will boost my ego--although I know if JT is reading this he'll just shake his head, since he thinks I should be playing the 5/10 kill game.
What days? I was thinking of heading down there this week as well. You could beat the 5/10 with one hole card. The players are a bunch of shmoes, and the kill pots can be fun.

P.S. to lil': Should I have capped the flop?
I woulda slowed down on the flop too, then I would have perked up again when the 3rd 7 fell on the turn.

Joe Tall
08-08-2004, 10:33 AM
You let some troll w/A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif or 55 cap the turn and didn't bet infront of him the river.

You've got the 5th nut and it's unlikely AA, KK are in the button's hand, so you have the close to the 3rd nut.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
08-08-2004, 10:38 AM
I'll be heading down to Foxwoods with the wife this week for a two-day getway; maybe the supersoft 4/8 games will boost my confidence--although I know if JT is reading this he'll just shake his head, since he thinks I should be playing the 5/10 kill game.

Why not a super-soft 5/10 or 10-20? When are you headed down? PM me when you do.

Peace,
Joe Tall

chesspain
08-08-2004, 10:42 AM
I'll be there from Wednesay early afternoon through Thursday evening. I'll be the forty-ish guy with the shaved head. I almost always wear a golf-shirt and Docker-like slacks, and I usually wear a baseball cap, often a black cap that makes a reference to my age.

Hope to see some of you regulars there!

AceHigh
08-08-2004, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
although I know if JT is reading this he'll just shake his head, since he thinks I should be playing the 5/10 kill game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only been to Foxwoods a few times, but I highly recommend the 5/10 1/2 kill game.

I think I would have played the hand the same way.

Joe Tall
08-08-2004, 10:52 AM
I highly recommend the 5/10 1/2 kill game.

For the record, it's a full Kill game.

Peace,
Joe Tall

chesspain
08-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Button had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the busted flush draw, and MHIG.

tolbiny
08-08-2004, 12:24 PM
I highly recommend the 5/10 1/2 kill game.

For the record, it's a full Kill game.

Darn i was going to make a trip just so i could play a 7.50/15 kill hand with 5$ and 1$ chips....

nothumb
08-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi chess,

I play same (not sure it's right though, probably not).

You should be playing 5/10 and it ain't close. I played it last time I went and it was lots of fun; more lively than yellow chip games and still beatable.

NT

AceHigh
08-08-2004, 06:43 PM
D'oh! I knew that.

bisonbison
08-08-2004, 06:51 PM
chess - if i'm playing 3/6, you should be playing 3/6.

You're good enough, the games are soft enough, and moving up will improve your game.

Fnord
08-09-2004, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chess - if i'm playing 3/6, you should be playing 3/6.

You're good enough, the games are soft enough, and moving up will improve your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

...although adding a second table is probably higher +EV short term.