PDA

View Full Version : BB pocket pair question

Marlow
08-08-2004, 09:32 AM
3-6 in four handed game.

UTG raises. 1 call.

Raiser is solid. Caller is weak/passive.

Do I call the extra $3 in the BB with 55?

If not, what minimum pair WOULD you raise (probably not call) with here?

Marlow /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

fnord_too
08-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Call this, you are getting 5-1 on your call. You will hit your set a little less than 1 time in 8 and get paid off nicely if you do. Also, your chances of making post flop mistakes are very low since low pairs play so easily after the flop.

Peter_rus
08-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Defenitely call. You can win unimproved as well as catch your set.

Marlow
08-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi Peter. Thanks for your response.

To be honest, if I don't flop a set, I'd fold to any bet. I don't take too make chances out of position against strong opponents.

Just my opinion.

Marlow /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Peter_rus
08-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Would you fold on flop 227? 334? TT2? 236? 467? I don't believe it. It's a mistake.

Marlow
08-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't think I would, but I'm not sure that's such a good thing. I'm WAY out of position against 2 players who are extremely likely to peel off at least 1 card. I can also count on one of them calling to the river. I can't possibly know where I stand, and there's no way I call a bet (or raise) on either the turn or river if, say, a Q falls.

I just don't think that this hand plays itself well enough to go into battle against 2 opponents, one of whom is very good.