PDA

View Full Version : Two Quads Hands at the Same Table

colgin
08-08-2004, 09:20 AM
I know that these don't come up that often and I should not lose too much sleep over whether I extracted every last bet. Still, they are kind of fun so I thought I would post these two quads hands that came a few orbits apart at the same table.

Hand 1

I just sat down recently so no real reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (5.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.16 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font>

Hand 2

One of the players entered the game recently and is a complete maniac. Will cap pre-flop with Ax given the opportunity and will get in as many bets as possible with any piece of the flop and may bet with nothing.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Maniac)</font> calls, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, Maniac checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Maniac bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Maniac 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Maniac calls, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Maniac raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Maniac caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 26 BB, between SB, Hero and Maniac.</font>

All comments appreciated, particularly in Hand 1 where I questioned my flop and turn play.

P.S. Not to ruin any suspense, but both my hands are obviously good.

chesspain
08-08-2004, 09:56 AM
For Hand 1, why reraise the flop? There are no draws, and anyone behind you (which includes any pocket pair or any Kx) has only 2-3 outs to beat you. Since you didn't raise PF, it should look to anyone who is observant that you don't have a high pocket pair to protect--meaning that your raise could only be a Kx, or a foolish reraise with a low pair that you think is better than whatever your other two opponents are holding.

lil'
08-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Oh Lord, I hate quads posts, and now we have 2 in one post.

You're online, playing with people who raise with crap and call with crap. The correct strategy is to bet and raise whenever you can.

Tosh
08-08-2004, 10:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know that these don't come up that often and I should not lose too much sleep over whether I extracted every last bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to realise how insignifcant it is but still post. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

House-Lion
08-08-2004, 10:54 AM
last hand is a treasure /images/graemlins/cool.gif I wish I had some of those. It's usually the oposite where I sit with the AA and just pay off to some maniac.

oscark
08-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Man, I hate it when maniacs get out of line and bet quads.

Billman
08-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Here's a similar Party hand from today:

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between Hero and MP3.</font>

Before anyone asks why I just called the turn, I wanted to let him improve his hand a little. I was hoping that by slowing down on the second ace that he might think I thought he had aces. It seems it paid off. He improved to quad nines. I had no idea he already had such a strong hand though.