PDA

View Full Version : Journalist Objectivity?

GWB
08-08-2004, 08:13 AM
Recent Poll of Journalists (http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040802-123612-1596r.htm)

Press poll
The New York Times' John Tierney says that at a press party at the Democratic National Convention, he persuaded 153 journalists — about a third of them based in Washington — to anonymously give their opinion as to who would make the best president, George W. Bush or John F. Kerry.
The journalists from outside the Beltway "picked Mr. Kerry 3 to 1, and the ones from Washington favored him 12 to 1," Mr. Tierney said in his Political Points column yesterday.
The columnist made much of the fact that a majority of the journalists — 77 to 67 — also said that, from a strictly journalistic point of view, they would prefer to cover a Bush administration. But even then the Washington contingent favored Mr. Kerry, 27 to 21.

superleeds
08-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Your point being?

That an intelligent well informed demographic think your crap maybe. It's just a shame it's not the journalists who decide what's reported.

TenPercenter
08-08-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The journalists from outside the Beltway "picked Mr. Kerry 3 to 1, and the ones from Washington favored him 12 to 1,"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your point being?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, are you kidding? You don't see the obvious LEFT-LEANING skew there!? Come on! 12:1 LIBERAL:CONSERVATIVE reporters in Washington DC!!!! That's the point. And this was in the Times! Now someone tell em that they don't trust that article...

Ten

cardcounter0
08-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Let's see given a choice between a reasonable intelligent Senator and a ignorant monkey that has failed in every venture he ever attempted -- and a highly educated group of professionals goes with the <insert drum roll here> Kerry?

What a shocker!
/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

TenPercenter
08-08-2004, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that has failed in every venture he ever attempted

[/ QUOTE ]

Failures like, uhh, being elected Governor of the State of Texas, and being elected President of the United States? Failures huh?

Ten

cardcounter0
08-08-2004, 08:13 PM
No, I was talking about his Business Ventures (all ending in bankruptcy, being bailed out by Saudi's, or having taxpayers foot the bills). Of course, I think the people of Texas are currently paying for most of the messes he made in there. Taxpayers haven't really begun paying for the mess he made of the US. The Big Business machine that bought him the Governor and Presidency could have elected a monkey dressed up in a cowboy suit. Wait a minute, they did!

TenPercenter
08-08-2004, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I was talking about his Business Ventures (all ending in bankruptcy, being bailed out by Saudi's, or having taxpayers foot the bills). Of course, I think the people of Texas are currently paying for most of the messes he made in there. Taxpayers haven't really begun paying for the mess he made of the US. The Big Business machine that bought him the Governor and Presidency could have elected a monkey dressed up in a cowboy suit. Wait a minute, they did!

[/ QUOTE ]

More typical cheap, juvenile, liberal drivel.

And you still have not addressed the topic, but instead went straight to the highly admirable "monkey in a cowboy suit" comments. Nevermind that the topic is FURTHER PROOF of the liberal bias in the media.

Ten

cardcounter0
08-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, his Harken stock manipulation, or getting the taxpayers to make him rich on his baseball stadium deal, or his Saudi Oil Drilling Deal, that was all Liberal Drivel all right.

Liberal Drivel? BUZZZZZZZ....... Rush Limbaugh Drug Junkie buzz word detected ..... BUZZZZZ..... All facts will be ignored. Drivel, irrelevant, demands for proof of obvious. Danger!

superleeds
08-08-2004, 11:39 PM
I see more bollocks from the right wing about a left wing bias. There's none so blind...

Cyrus
08-09-2004, 06:20 AM
Cardcounter wrote

"I was talking about his Business Ventures (all ending in bankruptcy, being bailed out by Saudi's, or having taxpayers foot the bills). Of course, I think the people of Texas are currently paying for most of the messes he made in there. Taxpayers haven't really begun paying for the mess he made of the US. The Big Business machine that bought him the Governor and Presidency could have elected a monkey dressed up in a cowboy suit. Wait a minute, they did!"

If, perchance, you are curious, dear Tenpercent, to see some more data on the above claims about the business (ad)ventures of George W Bush, kindly let me know and I will only be too glad to provide you with same. Unless you do accept that Bush has been an utter failure in business but you wanna insist that he's been a terrific success as a President. I'm OK with that claim, I guess, because in a few months we shall know what his "customers" think about it.

But IMHO, you'd be well advised to pretend you did not read this post.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

elwoodblues
08-09-2004, 08:57 AM
This isn't really surprising. The fact that they vote left doesn't mean that they report left.

Zeno
08-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Wait a minute - Journalists are intelligent people?!

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Le Misanthrope

nothumb
08-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Wow, journalists at the DNC in an informal poll support Kerry. This is proof if ever there was any that the media is profoundly liberal.

Seriously, Gee Dub, you spend so much time feeding the media story lines, it's amazing how much you abuse them. I mean, they pick up on all your characterizations of your opponents and rarely apply the same standard to you - like when you call people dishonest, waffling, smug, or filthy rich.

Journalists are a bit more liberal on social issues than the general public, but tend to be more economically conservative. Wonder why? They're better off than most of the rest of us. Editors tend to be more conservative across the board.

It's amazing to me that a President who has gotten some of the most generous press coverage one could hope for is so filled with disdain for the press.

NT

Senor Choppy
08-09-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, are you kidding? You don't see the obvious LEFT-LEANING skew there!? Come on! 12:1 LIBERAL:CONSERVATIVE reporters in Washington DC!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't prove a liberal bias over conservatism, but an intelligence bias over stupidity.

Just because someone favors Kerry or anyone else over Bush doesn't mean they're liberal, it just means they don't want 4 mores years of the most unqualified president in history.

TenPercenter
08-09-2004, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, are you kidding? You don't see the obvious LEFT-LEANING skew there!? Come on! 12:1 LIBERAL:CONSERVATIVE reporters in Washington DC!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't prove a liberal bias over conservatism, but an intelligence bias over stupidity.

Just because someone favors Kerry or anyone else over Bush doesn't mean they're liberal, it just means they don't want 4 mores years of the most unqualified president in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you called conservatives stupid, hehe. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ten

MaxPower
08-09-2004, 02:31 PM
George W Bush is not exactly an expert on what constitutes good evidence.

GWB
08-09-2004, 02:37 PM
How about journalists cheering for Kerry?

Partisan Cheers at Journalist Convention Upset Some Attendees (http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000602993)

Senor Choppy
08-09-2004, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And you called conservatives stupid, hehe. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Only the one in charge, ATM. Well, him and those that voted for him for reasons other than voting the party instead of the man.