PDA

View Full Version : AKs

Ralph Wiggum
08-08-2004, 07:45 AM
This hand sticks out from yesterday's session. Comments on my play?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.75 BB, between UTG and MP2.</font>

rayrns
08-08-2004, 08:29 AM
Normally on this type of board, from UTG I would think he is betting the flush draw. Unless he is worried about the flush and decides to bet a set fast. I can't see 2 pair here.

Well if he had something like Qd8d, Jd8d, Td8d, 9d8d and was betting TP(medium kicker) he has improved to trips with the 8s falling on the turn.

On the river you hit your TPTK but are you ahead enough times to bet out. I think you'd be better off to check/call the river. If he was bluffing, he may continue and you can pick him off. If you bet and he has a better hand he'll raise and you have to fold or he will just fold if he had been bluffing. And you still have to worry about MP2, who I think may have had an overpair to the 8's.

I have been told you bet here because you think you have the best hand and fold to a raise but I just don't see that. If for the same investment I can get a showdown, I want to see the hands. Heads up against a known non-bluffer then maybe you can bet and fold to a raise.