PDA

View Full Version : Analyze this hand micros

bakku
08-08-2004, 05:13 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)
Table is very loose passive except for the 3 2+2ers present
UTG+1 is JSD (2+2er)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls,

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (22 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 32 BB, between UTG+2, MP2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (32 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 6s 8h (full house, eights full of sixes).
UTG+2 shows Ac Ad (two pair, aces and eights).
MP2 shows 5h 9c (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Hero wins 32 BB. </font>

JSD
08-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Table is very loose passive except for the 3 2+2ers present... who are all extremely LAG. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
08-08-2004, 07:04 AM
you mean 3-betting Q6s is LAG?

I pissed some people off majorly. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Tall
08-08-2004, 11:04 AM
Why didn't you fold preflop?

Peace,
Joe Tall

Nottom
08-08-2004, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Took the words right out of my mouth ... or off my fingertips as the case may be.

cartoonsoldier
08-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Because I am guessing MP2 was Chris.

Rjeeves
08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
I'd have to agree with some of the sentiment expressed above. Although obviously the hand worked out well, when in the BB position, my objective is simply to minimize losses. Once faced with a raise, I would have folded. Not worth calling, and then attempting to chase someone down with a garbage 68o. I'm sure the player with the AA was cursing his screen.

DeathDonkey
08-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Wow, don't let UTG+2 to get out of your sight! He played this so ass-backwards its unbelievable. Oh, and fold preflop.

-DeathDonkey

DMBFan23
08-08-2004, 01:43 PM
From Clarkmeister, in response to Ed's preflop quiz...

[ QUOTE ]
18. UTG raises, four people call, and you have 86o in the BB.

Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

From Ed, in response to Ed's preflop quiz...

[ QUOTE ]

Call. Similar to the 73s hand. Another important consideration when making these calls is WHERE the raise comes from. In this hand (and the 73s hand), the raise comes from UTG... that is, from your left. With hands like this, you will often flop a weak draw - bottom pair, a gutshot, a backdoor flush or straight draw, etc. With these hands, you would really like to be able to see the turn for one bet. When the preflop raiser (and likely flop bettor) is on your left, you check, the bettor bets, and then the whole table acts before you do. If everyone calls or folds, then you can call, closing the action. This is very advantageous RELATIVE POSITION when you have marginal hands like 73s and 86o. In fact, if the SB had raised each of these hands, rather than UTG, I probably would have folded both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

bakku
08-08-2004, 07:26 PM

JT, the PF call is a hand straight out of Ed's Low-Limit Preflop Quiz. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=567253&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb =5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) I thought the players at the table were horrible enough to make this call profitable.

[ QUOTE ]

Call. Similar to the 73s hand. Another important consideration when making these calls is WHERE the raise comes from. In this hand (and the 73s hand), the raise comes from UTG... that is, from your left. With hands like this, you will often flop a weak draw - bottom pair, a gutshot, a backdoor flush or straight draw, etc. With these hands, you would really like to be able to see the turn for one bet. When the preflop raiser (and likely flop bettor) is on your left, you check, the bettor bets, and then the whole table acts before you do. If everyone calls or folds, then you can call, closing the action. This is very advantageous RELATIVE POSITION when you have marginal hands like 73s and 86o. In fact, if the SB had raised each of these hands, rather than UTG, I probably would have folded both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

DMBFan23
08-08-2004, 09:51 PM
dude, what's up with stealing my post...j/k /images/graemlins/cool.gif

but yeah, you even have 4 limpers.