PDA

View Full Version : UB SnG bonus has arrived.

JTG51
08-08-2004, 03:43 AM
I haven't gotten an email about it yet, but my SnG bonus dollars have arrived. It looks like it's even the correct amount.

ripdog
08-08-2004, 05:27 AM
Yes it has, but I have a problem with it. When they failed to deliver the bonus dollars as advertised, I quit playing the SNG's and started playing limit at $0.25/$0.50 up to $5/$10. Since I put in all of those hours and should have been clearing the bonus, I've asked them to deposit it into my account. I won't play until they do and may (MAY) take my business to another site, but I think I'll be taken care of. Why lose me over $30? I really hope that they do the right thing. Here's what I wrote to them:

Hello,

I just noticed that the bonus dollars from the sit-n-go promotion were credited to my account. While I appreciate the fact that they were credited, they were not credited at the time that the promotion specified and I lost the chance to clear it. I played quite a bit of limit poker during that time (up to $5/$10) and I am sure that I would have cleared the entire bonus. I believe that Ultimate Bet should credit the bonus as real dollars for this reason. Thanks for your time and I look forward to your response.

Does anybody think I'm out of line here?

MicroBob
08-08-2004, 05:40 AM
nobody made you play the ring-games sans bonus.
you knew that they changed the date that you were getting the bonus-dollars.
i think it's silly to expect them to give you the bonus-dollars retroactive to your play there since you knew that wasn't part of the deal.

maybe if you asked them ahead of time 'what if i play a whole bunch for the rest of the month before you dole out the bonus-dollars? would you consider awarding them to me as real dollars retroactively based on my pay?'
even this scenario is a bit silly....if they would do this then they should just be able to give you the bonus-dollars up front to begin with. but obviously they were having problems doing that.

ub has screwed up a lot of aspects of this thing. i am disappointed with some of it and i think they have some evaluating to do to solve some of their problems.

but i don't think you were specifically screwed here and i think what you are asking of them is not warranted.

in my situation...i knew i wasn't getting the rest of the bonus-dollars until later. so i did the obvious thing: i decided not to play there until the bonus-dollars were granted.

now i officially have my work cut out for me.

i have $1600 in bonus-dollars at absolute and $3100 at UB.
clearing $4700 worth of 'rake-rebate play' (as i like to call it) could take freaking forever.

redsimon
08-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Got mine today. Now got $1060 to clear...timescale??? Well I've accumulated 19000 ub points in 2 years so should be sometime in 2006!

Losing all
08-08-2004, 11:47 AM
You might be right, but I don't think $30 is enough to throw a fit about.

Losing all
08-08-2004, 11:49 AM
How do you like miniview? I haven't messed with it much but I'm thinking the only way to make this thing +ev for me is to do my normal Party routine and MV a couple LL tables.

Lori
08-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Anyone who doesn't get used to miniview and use it needs their head tested.

Lori

Losing all
08-08-2004, 11:55 AM
On that note, I think I'll try it today. WB

Lori
08-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Some people find it very alien, but the ability to watch all the action on five tables with no peripheral stuff is one that is very underrated.

Good Luck /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

BradleyT
08-08-2004, 12:51 PM
I do 3 UB mini and 3 full size tables elsewhere with no problem at 1280x1024.

Jimbo
08-08-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Lori,

Where do you recommend I get this head testing procedure? I prefer someone in the States in case an overnight stay or (Heaven forbid) an operation is required. Now if the test is merely to prove I do in fact have a head heck, I've got one to spare! (Well perhaps not to spare but neither one has gotten much use lately) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jimbo

Lori
08-08-2004, 12:59 PM
Where do you recommend I get this head testing procedure?

You're a special case Jimbo, we don't want to upset the good doctors now do we /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

Simon Diamond
08-08-2004, 01:19 PM

You kidding? I can't stand it, though I might have known you'd get on with it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Simon

MicroBob
08-08-2004, 04:36 PM
no automated HH's.
slightly tougher games much of the time.
bonus-dollars that take longer to clear.
and phil hellmuth is tied-in with the place.

the only reasons worth playing there for the most part are:
- large amount of bonus-dollars
- mini-view

ripdog
08-08-2004, 05:13 PM
You make very good points, MicroBob. I doubt that I'll throw a fit over this, but I think that UB should clear the proper amount of bonus for all of the players affected. A good faith thing, you know? I'll be cynical and may not participate in their next promo because of this. Good luck on your bonus clearing.

BradleyT
08-08-2004, 05:25 PM
They couldn't even figure out how to credit the bonus properly. You think they're going to figure out how to backtrack your play and apply a credit from your bonus account into your regular account? HA!