PDA

View Full Version : two big hands

Navers
08-08-2004, 02:51 AM
blinds are 5/10. Average stack is T500 and there are 8 players. Most players are loose/

Hand 1: I'm MP with 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif with T~475, two limpers so far, I raise to T30, 1 more after me. Total of 4 to the flop.

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
EP raises to T50, next person folds, I raise to T100, only Ep calls. (EP is the biggest fish in the sea, he'll raise with two cards that suck and doesn't pay attention to odds.) I'm confident I'm ahead at this point, but I dont want any flushes

Turn: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
He bets 30, I raise to 50, EP calls

River: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
EP bets 30, I call.
Did I do enough to punish draws that were after this board?

Hand 2 info: blinds are 10/20, 7-handed. still there are loose players.
I'm in EP with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gifand raise to T60. MP calls, SB moves all-in, I reraise 40 more all-in and fully expecting MP to fold. MP calls. EP shows K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, LP shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

How many would call this EP raise? How often should I expect to win this hand?

All comments are appreciated. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll post results later.

knightunner
08-08-2004, 10:12 AM
With your first hand, I don't think it's so much the draws you want to be worried about, but the over cards. With a low flop and a small bet, I am raising with AJo, KJo, KQ. I am also raising with two spades on the board with any two overcard spades.

As for hand two, I am raising with QQ as well. The size of the stacks here is important, and I am curious as to how much the player who called your all in had left. If they are short stacked, they are probably going all in regardless of what you do.
QQ should hold up 53.5% of the time against 2 unknown hands.
AKo 38.6%
KJo 33.6%

I think you made the right move in raising. Again, going all in is more determinate on stack sizes.

~knight

Navers
08-08-2004, 11:39 AM
The person who called me had maybe T600. So, he was risking about 1/3rd of his stack.

For hand 1, how much would you have raised?

zephyr
08-08-2004, 12:45 PM
Hand 1: I don't quite understand your min raise preflop. Typically with 1010 you either limp and go for set value, or you raise enough to limit the field.

This flop is good for your hand. You hold an overpair with lots of potential draws. Its unlikely you'll run into JJ, QQ, KK or AA unless someone was being really cute preflop. 89, and 34, or two pair are possible but unlikely.

Once EP raises 50 there is 170 chips in the pot; you have 445 left. I would strongly consider pushing here. At a minimum you want to raise the pot, but that would put around %40 or your stack in the middle, and you're gonna have a real tough decision on the turn as most cards are gonna make this board scary, so I think pushing is just as good.

Of course, I'm assuming that this is low-limit, in which case I'd fully expect a call from 88, 99, A7, K7, x7. There are quite a few good draws out there, but you are likely ahead of most of them.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr

knightunner
08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Personally, I would have doubled your flop bet. Instead of raising to 100, raise to 200. The odds are no longer sufficient for chasing a straight or a low flush and any mistake on the fishes part is welcome (remember the Fundamental Theorum of Poker!)
If he still is calling, all in on the turn is probably the correct play.
~knight