PDA

View Full Version : Hand 2 of 2 (AK madness)

RustedCorpse
08-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

I see no problems with my hand thus far.

Flop: (33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Should I have been the one to cap it here on the flop?

Turn: (26.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG calls $0.50 (All-In), UTG+2 calls.

With the betting going this way I put clibat UTG+2 on two pair, and schizzle king MP3 on Aces or Kings. I really am considering a fold, but the pot odds are too big right?

River: (35 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Should I have raised here? I obviously regret that I didn't, but I think with my read of UTG+2 was correct and I should have raised when I counterfeit his two pair, I didn't only because Mp3 really looked like aces or kings.

Final Pot: 38 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac Kd (two pair, kings and fours).
UTG shows Ah 3s (one pair, fours).
MP3 shows Ks Js (two pair, kings and fours).
Button shows Qd 7s (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 38 BB. </font>

iceman19
08-08-2004, 02:36 AM
nice win, the only thing I might have done differently is checkraise that flop, your hand would be protected better.

rjc199
08-08-2004, 05:08 PM
check-raising the flop doesn't protect. They are all getting 10-1 on his check-4-bet.

I would check-raise the turn, but as it turned out I don't think that would have done anything and you looked to be behind so check-call mode was the plan.

RustedCorpse
08-09-2004, 03:34 AM
Yeah I just wanted confirmation that I looked like I was behind the whole time.

sfer
08-10-2004, 09:08 AM
There's a good argument for check/calling the flop intending to checkraise the turn if you're confident that MP3 will bet the turn. That's probably the best way to protect your hand. If he's LAGish and the other players are horrible, there's an argument for going to war on the flop.