PDA

View Full Version : Showing big BB hands when folded to you

m2smith2
08-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Someone asked earlier about showing big hands from an uncalled SB raised to demonstrate that they weren't on a steal.

My question is - is there any advantage to showing big hands when it's folded to you at a TT in the big blind - say high pairs or a big ace. I know it's random - the question is can you get lesser players to think twice about stealing against you if you show some of these. I see plenty of people show 3/7os and the like when it's folded to them. I don't know if that makes it more or less likely, but it might get someone steaming when they throw away thier 8/8 there (which they might do to a big-stack, someone on a rush, etc.).

ilya
08-07-2004, 11:05 PM
well, if they're throwing away 88 when it's folded to them, there's probably no need to put them on tilt.

Phill S
08-08-2004, 03:37 PM
i wouldnt show big hands why give them the satisfaction.

plus when you steal two hands later, someone may think, hmm he had a big hand two hands ago, he prolly doesnt have one now.

im not sure that would happen, but you never know

i only show when i need to double through, and they fold to my BB, showing that 62o, or T3s is like saying ta for the free round, suckers. that was your chance at getting me, you wont get another.

it may make them more likely to call your eventual all in, or perhaps not, its good psychological warfare non the less.

Phill