PDA

View Full Version : Re-raise This river?

radek2166
08-07-2004, 08:57 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(Have 2 cards will raise)</font> raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Im thinking I got conectors and the pot is going to be raised. Lets see what happens. Button is raiseing everything.

Flop: (15.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Have 2 cards will raise calls, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (13.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

Here I am thinking pot odds say call.
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Have 2 cards will raise folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Cap? why not? With all the players in pre flop noway he has A10

River: (27.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls.
Cap? No cap. He wouldn't take it this far if he did not have the nuts. Would he?
Final Pot: 31.20 BB

GoblinMason (Craig)
08-07-2004, 09:02 PM
fold pf

Jimbobobb
08-07-2004, 09:02 PM
In a game with a player like button (have two cards will raise), I don't think it's worth playing 9Toff preflop (even if you'll get in for ONE bet). Anyway, pot is big, so you're seeing the turn. You cap on the turn and yet he's still willing to raise you on the river. I'd just call the river, because raising is an invitation to get it capped.

Haupt_234
08-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Fold preflop. I am not sure why you limped, even when you knew it would be raised by the button...

Haupt_234

SteveY
08-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Fold Pf, but they told you that already. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And I don't think AT or T9 would raise on that flop. Raise the river.

rjc199
08-07-2004, 10:17 PM
T9o is crap, fold it.

Flop - Even if you knew the aggro behind would raise I think a call is in order here. You are getting implied odds from these terrible players.

Turn - You got your card. cap it

River - cap this. CO liked his hand on the flop. He wouldn't have raised with AT (a gutshot and one overcard). He prolly has two pair or a set. You have him beaten a high percentage of the time. Don't see monsters and cap this.

roundhouse
08-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Preflop: fold
Think about what kind of flop you are hoping to get. You're unsuited, so no flush possibilities. If a T or 9 comes, you've got a pair but there are 16 cards which might give someone a better pair and which you must be wary of. In fact if you do hit the pair you might get stuck with it calling down when beaten - so it could cost you. Hitting trips is (a) unlikely, will (b) mean you get little action from anyone with a worse hand because they'll be scared you've got what you've got, and (c) is likely to get you stung for a lot against someone with the same trips but a better kicker. You may get a straight or straight draw, but not often enough to make it worth it, and with lots of people playing face cards most straights you could make could be beaten by a better one.

Add to this that you're half expecting to be raised, increasing the cost to you of seeing the flop. Playing T9o in this position is -ve EV.

But having played it, and to answer the actual question: cap it, turn and river. Your opponent's betting suggests he made his hand on the flop, most likely two pair or a set, maybe top pair if he's especially aggressive post-flop; I don't see him raising the flop with AT, which is the only hand you're beaten by.

Enjoy the winnings, and stop playing T9o.

Cheers,
RH

Nottom
08-08-2004, 01:07 PM
The preflop call is horrible, limping with crap knowing that its gonna be raised makes it even worse. If you routinely play hands liek this it will be almost impossible for you to be a winning player.

Rest of the hand seems fine.

EDIT: I mis-read the flop action. With him raising the flop its much less likely he has AT so raising becomes a better choice.

radek2166
08-08-2004, 02:12 PM
I usually dont play 10 9o. I am just strugling with the odds part of this.

I see that it was horrible hand to come in with.
Thank you for all the input. I will never play 10 9 o again unless i am in the BB in unraised pot.

I did take down the pot. /images/graemlins/smile.gif The other guy showed Q 7 o

Haupt_234
08-08-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did take down the pot. The other guy showed Q 7 o

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, tell him to fold preflop. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Haupt_234

BradleyT
08-08-2004, 04:08 PM
In a game like this (often being raised but still many players to a flop) big suited cards and pairs is what you want to play - not 9To, TJo, QJo, AJo, etc..