PDA

View Full Version : Odd Axs hand

Brian
08-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Party 5/10. Table seems typically loose and somewhat aggressive. I am dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif on the Button. UTG, EP, MP, LP all unknown limp to me and I limp along as well. SB folds, and BB, the only player at the table with whom I have played before, raises. My notes on BB read as follows:

Slowplays his sets very awkwardly.

Oooook, great note, lots to go on! While I don't have any other notes on this player, I have played with him on several other occasions for quite a long time, so I assume he is a regular 5/10 player who probably knows what he is doing.

Everyone calls. 6 to the Flop, 6bb.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Everyone checks to me and I bet. BB raises, everyone else folds. I call. 2 to the Turn, 8bb.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB bets, I call. 2 to the River, 10bb.

River: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I call. Results later.

-Brian

joker122
08-07-2004, 07:43 PM
The hands for BB that jump out are, of course, AA, KK, and AK. However, I think this flop CR means TT-QQ or KQ alot of the time...as in he checked to see where the bet would come from and planned on folding to an EP bet and raising an LP bet. However, you would think he would check call the river with those hands.

So I guess your line allows you to win the most when ahead and lose the least when behind?

Brian
08-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi joker,

Yes, I didn't think that the BB would check-raise the Flop with AA, KK, or AK. So I thought that he had a hand he wanted to protect. The question was whether or not it was a legitimate hand like AQo or AJs, or if he was trying to pull something without an Ace.

Most players I would probably give credit for having a better Ace, but I felt this player understood the game a little better, and might realize that I could be betting with little to nothing as everyone checked to me and I was on the Button. However, even if he thought I was betting without an Ace, how could he be sure that a check-raise would even get us heads-up?

I didn't have too much time in the heat of the moment to go into a full analysis, so I decided to just call down and pray I had the best hand. My prayers worked, to a certain extent. I did have the best hand, but that Jack on the River gave him two pair to go along with his KJc. Ah well. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Brian

joker122
08-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Well, nice hand regardless.

StellarWind
08-07-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slowplays his sets very awkwardly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Instant vision of a guy who played a set against me this morning. He was about 3rd-of-5 and I was the button. He checkcalled my bet and then bet the turn in my face /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I was so impressed.

I play it the way you did.