PDA

View Full Version : worst tournament software ever?

Sundevils21
08-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Pacific is horrible. I had to post the bb twice in a row on 4 different occasions in one tourny. I've never posted 4 big blinds and 2 sb's in 2 orbits before. Oh yea, also after I posted the bb twice in a row, then I get moved to the bb at another table. Niiiiiice.

Percula
08-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Thats the "nice" side. Just wait until some guy at your table hits a big hand and gets credited for the win 3-6 times, or you make a big raise and someone gets into the hand without calling your raise and then wins the hand. Or you get a monster and go all-in and win only to not get credited for the win and the guy you just "busted" out is still sitting there with all his chips.

Now top that off with support not responding to your emails...

If I did not make more than I lost to stuff like this I would never ever use that site.

housenuts
08-07-2004, 09:01 PM
getting doubled BB'd like that is definitely the worst. it's happened to me lots too at paradise poker. it's when you post the BB and then they move you tables and you come in right at the BB. sometimes you get moved right before your BB, but it's only fair that you save yourself a BB if you are being moved to a new table where you don't know the opponents.

Sundevils21
08-07-2004, 09:48 PM
its not just when i get moved, its also when somebody else gets moved to my table. here is an example.
8 handed the 2empty seats at the table are on my right. I post the bb. The hand plays out and somebody gets moved to my right during the hand. So instead of making the new player sit out a hand, newbie posts the sb and i once again have to post the big. That happend 2 times in a row and right after i finished posting the big for the 4th time in 2 orbits, I get moved to the big at another table. Sorry for the rant it just gets under my skin.

kdotsky
08-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah Pacific has some nasty bugs in their software. One time during the guaranteed 10K, i was in the money with 40 people left. I go all in (I have the guy covered) with top pair and the other guy's time runs out, never calls, and then the turn and river come (note: WITHOUT his money going into the middle). He gets runner-runner straight, and takes down the whole pot and I'm busted. How do you get busted by a shorter stack? Support admitted there was a "small glitch" in the game and credited me with 20 bucks, when I would have had a big stack and a chance at the 3K for first.

However, I also have made some good money there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rivered
08-08-2004, 11:43 PM
I also think they official changed the name from "Multi-Table Tournament" to the more snappy "Short-handed Multi-table tournament." Seriously, I know it's the same for everyone but do the tables ever have more than 7 players on them? I was in one tournament with 13 players left and there was still 3 tables running if you can believe it.