PDA

View Full Version : K6s

what
08-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Was the call on the flop too loose? I had just joined the table and didn't really have any reads. Did I play to passivly post-flop?

Vern
08-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Fold this pre-flop without a table read. (read would need to be 9 to a flop anyway and even then it would be close)
Fold this on the flop even with a table read. (14.67:1 to hit your king and you are only getting 9:1 with a player left to act)
Turn Hey, you hit your hand, raise, get rid of the button and maybe get a free showdown with TPNK
River Hopefully you don't have to call one here, I think I would fold if the raise on the turn left more than 2 opponents and they were still betting into you.

DMBFan23
08-07-2004, 07:01 PM
I've done a lot of thinking about Kx suited over the past day or two. (see my post)

I think the pf call is ok. many people disagree.

flop = fold.

katzenmoyer
08-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Fold pre-flop.

bisonbison
08-09-2004, 12:04 AM
The pre-flop call isn't bad. It's not great, but I doubt it would hurt you in the long run. Fold the flop.

edit: I guess I should say that I do fold this preflop w/o a 2nd thought, I'm just not convinced you need to fold it.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-09-2004, 12:26 AM
Preflop is loose.

Flop is especially loose.

Turn and river call down is fine, though you should have folded your hand twice by now.

sublime
08-09-2004, 12:29 AM
I would probably limp with K6s in the CO or on the button.

This flop call is a clear example of how you dont want to play.