PDA

View Full Version : Partypoker.NET?

GoblinMason (Craig)
08-07-2004, 04:52 PM
I just saw a commercial for partypoker on FNC except the webaddress they gave was pertypoker.net. When you go there it seems to be similar to the regular PP site except it says learn to play poker for free...Is this how PP is getting around advertising online gambling?

Cubswin
08-07-2004, 05:01 PM
yes

MicroBob
08-07-2004, 05:31 PM
yes. this has been discussed several times.
a creative way to get around the restrictions.

with these TV ads they are only saying 'learn to play like the pros'. they are purposefully NOT saying things like 'you can win REAL money'.

some of the viewers who see the ads will accidentally go to party-dot-com simply because people are used to typing dot-com.
the others that go to party-dot-net will then get special offers to join the 'real-money party' at party-dot-com.

these commercials have been running for awhile.
especially so on CNBC, MSNBC and fox-news. you may note that viewers of these networks tend to be more affluent.
the ads also have been seen on several regional major-league baseball telescasts in various markets. and i spotted one a Fox-Baseball game of the week telecast (national networks) a few weeks back.

it's also worth noting that party seems to regularly break 40-45k players now.
didn't MS-sunshine predict that party would break 50k by july way back when? some thought he was crazy.
well, i've seen 47k on a couple nights....so not too far off.
i think these TV ads have been extremely helpful.