PDA

View Full Version : Last hand of the day...JTs, too passive?

nepenthe
08-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Feeling pretty passive on this hand. Comments appreciated.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: nepenthe is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, nepenthe calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, nepenthe checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, nepenthe calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Being smack dab in the middle of the action sucks. I wasn't sure whether to bet out, or checkraise, or just call. I chose to lay low.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, nepenthe checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Hmm...curioser and curioser.

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">nepenthe bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, nepenthe calls.

Checked around turn and checked to me...I'll bet. Er...damn, everyone else folded? I'll call.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.50 BB, between nepenthe and Button.</font>

chesspain
08-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Preflop: Fine

Flop: Bet...or if you don't like that plan, BET!...

Turn: Unless your plan was to checkraise the turn, I would bet. You need to try to push out gutshots and overcards, and getting raised by the Button would not be a catastrophe, since you've got mucho outs.

River: I like your play. Either you lost to a wussie King or you beat 99/TT.

nepenthe
08-08-2004, 12:07 AM
I regretted not betting out or checkraising the flop immediately after I called the flop. Turns out that Button took one last shot with his busted flush draw. He had Q /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif and I escape with my pair of Jacks.

StellarWind
08-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Bet the flop /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Call the river raise. No way did he check the turn with a king. The river card doesn't make anything except a set of threes so I payoff.