PDA

View Full Version : Why Do the White Sox Stink?

Utah
08-07-2004, 11:57 AM
I am a Twins fan, so its great to see the Sox play so far below their level. Sure, losing Thomas hurts, but they have been underperforming for some time.

They should have won the division last year and they should be leading the division now as they have twice the talent the Twins have.

Why are they so bad?

tyfromm
08-07-2004, 01:14 PM
The Sox sux.

btw, Red is spelled R-E-D not W-H-I-T-E /images/graemlins/grin.gif

andyfox
08-07-2004, 01:28 PM
They've scored 55 ore runs than they've given up; the Twins have scored only 27 more runs than allowed. So the difference in the standings might jut be an anomaly.

Oski
08-07-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They've scored 55 ore runs than they've given up; the Twins have scored only 27 more runs than allowed. So the difference in the standings might jut be an anomaly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that just shows that the White Sox don't show up everyday. They pour it on when the going is easy, but they can't win otherwise. This is a very disappointing club - and I would send a lot of the blame Thomas' way, whether he's healthy or not.

banditbdl
08-07-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it's an anomaly, since I did some checking and this would mark the 3rd season in a row where the White Sox have had a significantly larger positive run differential than the Twins and yet they finished behind the Twins the last two seasons and look to fall short again this year. I understand the idea of using run differential as an indicator of the true strength of baseball team, but at the end of the day there is something to be said for simply winning ballgames, something the Twins know how to do, but the White Sox don't.