PDA

View Full Version : Pokertropolis private table

Cubswin
08-07-2004, 05:34 AM
I was doing my weekly rounds at all the different sites and decided to pop in at pokertropolis. I know some people have said that things seems fishy over there but i think the number of private tables going on at this hour over there confirms this. Are we really suppose to believe they have that many private tables going? Go check it out if you want a good laugh.

regards
cubswin

Nightwish
08-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I see "people" playing heads up 100-200 and 200-400 there at all times of day, with literally tens of thousands of dollars sometimes changing hands within 30 minutes. I would never put a penny into that site.

TommyTutone
08-07-2004, 05:52 PM
I'm not saying they are without problems, but I have had good luck in setting up private tourneys over there for my boardgame playing friends. We get together once a month, and all I do is request the table and who may enter a few days before. Granted that is the ONLY time I use their site anymore (sometimes I'll do the .99 tourney, but even that gets old because of how fast their blinds increase).

Like I said, only been doing it a couple of months, but so far so good. I would have preferred doing it at Poker Stars, but they require 2000 FPP, and that isn't going to happen until I see more bonuses over there.

Are there any other places that offer free private tourneys (free meaning no charge over their 'normal' cut)?

t_perkin
08-07-2004, 06:05 PM
So what do you reckon is going on?

Money Laundering?

Just trying to make the place look busy playing with fake accounts? If this is the case surely you could walk in there and piss all over the games?...unless they are rigging the deck so people do just that and get killed...

I play almost no HU and certainly not at those stakes. Anyone able to say if they are playing well or not?

It all looks bloody wierd to me.

Tim