PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Williams21
08-06-2004, 11:31 PM

Peter_rus
08-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Flop is nearly the one stage of game where check-raising with agressive players is correct i believe. Check-raising usually means good hand, while betting can mean - "checking out if someone has something to proceed". I like check-raise flop for info. When i bet flop in small pots i usually planning fold to a raise in unraised PF pots. I hate situations of betting with middle pair then get raised and have a headache - what to do next. If i check-raised i usually represent top pair or higher and can push bottom pair out on turn or river. If someone 3-bet to my check-raise on flop or raise my bet on turn then in most cases i'm beaten and can easily fold while to fold to a flop raise usually more difficult and usually lead to call-dawn mode which isn't good.

Also check-raising saves you from situations when someone already exactly has something which beats you. It's very usual. I check planning to raise with my middle pair-good kicker. 1 player bet - second call- third raise. I easily say goodbye to my hand. Also this saves you from some kicker problems - more often what to do with your weak ace.