PDA

View Full Version : A couple hands and some questions

Mons
08-06-2004, 11:18 PM
So I got reamed out for not folding KJo preflop and I soaked up all the tips given to me in my first post.

So after a solid few hours of .5/1 PP tonight I took a few questionable hands that I could use help with.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

<font color="#666666">Should I have raised this UTG+1?</font>

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="#666666">I called because of my outs: Ace, King, and backdoor flush. Bad decision or?</font>

Turn: (6.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

<font color="#666666">Looking back I feel as though I should have C/R here and then bet on the river. Suggestions?</font>

River: (9.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks.

<font color="#666666">Again I was hoping that I could C/R but I have since learned that bet on the turn should usually be followed up by a bet on the river unless given a reason not to.</font>
Final Pot: 9.75 BB

--

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

<font color="#666666">I raised because of the folds before me (which was probably bad), but do I fold after the reraise?</font>

And finally I have 2 questions:

1. Is AJo UTG playable or do I muck?
2. Can I limp in with J10o?

Thanks for any help!

Piiop
08-06-2004, 11:27 PM
Hand 1 -

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have raised this UTG+1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, everytime. You should also bet the flop.

Since you didn't bet the flop, you should checkraise the turn.

Since you bet the turn and no one raised, you should not expect someone to bet the river for you. Bet the river.

Hand 2 - The raise is good and you should NOT fold to the reraise.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Is AJo UTG playable or do I muck?
2. Can I limp in with J10o?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You should raise AJo UTG.
2) You would not lose much if you never limped with JTo. You can open-raise with it in late position after everyone has folded to you.

Sent
08-06-2004, 11:30 PM
Hand 1:

Bet the flop, bet zie turn, get em on the riva!

Hand 2:

If you are first in at the CO with Axs raise /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1. It is playable UTG
2. I limp with JTo in late position with 2-3 callers usually. Good position and easy to let go of.

-Sent