PDA

View Full Version : Value of same hand in tournament v ring game?

ElSapo
08-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I don't normally go for probability/math questions, but this one occured to me while I was cutting jalapenos for a mango chutney to go with some salmon I want to grill. No idea how it's gonna turn out...

Anyways, suppose in a limit ring-game a given hand has a given value (I can't find the oft-posted link right now). Hand XX is worth YY BBs.

Now, say a player splits his time between tournaments and ring games. Hypothetically he has a $3,000 bankroll and is playing 5/10 and the corresponding level of tournaments.

Should a pair of aces be worth the same amount of money in both the tournament and ring game? Is it possible to make a comparison like this?

I don't know if there are hard figures to something like this, and I'm not asking anyone to do the math if it's out there. More of a general question. Any thoughts?

ElSapo

Nottom
08-07-2004, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should a pair of aces be worth the same amount of money in both the tournament and ring game? Is it possible to make a comparison like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of it would depend at what point you are in the tournement. Obviously, AA is worth a lot more at the final table than on your first hand.