PDA

View Full Version : AJo, AKo, ATs - 3 hands - comments mandatory

btspider
08-06-2004, 06:17 PM
HAND 1:
MP3 is very loose preflop. (80% VPIP, 9% PFR after about 30 hands.. WentToSD 40%, WonAtSD 50%). He seems to take shots, but generally has some piece of the board when he does.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Called here with this intent: Raising a blank on the turn and taking the free showdown if the 4th spade hits the river (he seems inclined to try to check-raise).

Turn: (9.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

That's not a blank. He won't be folding a small spade heads-up, so raising is out. Fold or call down?

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.25 BB, won by MP3.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to MP3.</font>

----------------------------------
HAND 2:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (13 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, &lt;SNIP&gt;

----------------------------------
HAND 3:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between MP2, Hero and BB.</font>

Sent
08-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Hand 1:

Tough spot to be in. The pot is very large so you either raise or fold this turn. The spade may be a scare card for him and you do have TP. Given your stats on him you could raise the turn and see what he does maybe. I hope others comment on this hand because I'm not sure what I would do in the heat of the moment.

Hand 3:

Routine play /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Sent

MortalNuts
08-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Lately I've been playing in a crazy shorthanded live game that features lots of silly bluffs and counter-bluffs, river 3-bets with Ace-high, that sort of thing. This pretty naturally leads to a tendency to start calling down an awful lot, because pots get so big and there is so much needless aggression that you simply can't fold real hands that have any chance of being good. I'm telling you this only because I might not be the best judge of laydowns right now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, in hand 1 (AJ): betting into a PFR on his immediate left is not the modus operandi of most people holding a made flush (or high lone spade) on this board, ime. (With those holdings, I would generally expect a lot of people to check-raise here.) I would expect him to hold an Ace or 22 here reasonably often. Once you conform to plan and raise, and it's heads-up, he's going to be tempted to fire again with lots of holdings. Because of this, I am tempted to call many opponents down here -- with that pot, you don't have to be ahead all that often, or drawing to the remaining spades for a chop against 22 or something, for calling down to be right. I expect to be shown like A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif a decent chunk of the time, though.

hand 2 (AK): Again, I think that given this betting pattern it's reasonably likely that your outs are clean a decent fraction of the time, and the pot is pretty big. Sb doesn't have to be betting 88 here too often for your call to be right. Plus I'm interested in whether the cold-calling MP3 is a flush draw or a Q that's waiting till the turn to uncloak -- so often I'll call SB's bet here, but fold without a blink if MP3 raises the turn behind me.

hand 3 (ATs): fine. I'm not a big fan of betting the turn in this spot, if that's what you're asking, since you have outs that will make you really really want to call a check-raise.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

btspider
08-07-2004, 07:27 AM
bump, i said mandatory! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btspider
08-07-2004, 07:49 PM
try another bump. thx.

btspider
08-08-2004, 12:37 PM
last attempt for comments before results..

btspider
08-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Hmm.. I would have liked more responses. Here are the results, if you still want to comment now that you know them, i'm listening. Thx.

Hand 2 results:

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (13 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 19.50 BB, between MP3 and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (19.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Qh 8s (full house, queens full of eights).
MP3 shows Tc Jc (straight, queen high).
Outcome: SB wins 19.50 BB. </font>

--------------------------------------
Hand 3 results:
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between MP2, Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows 8h Jd (two pair, jacks and eights).
Hero shows Td Ad (straight, queen high).
BB shows Ac 7c (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 7.75 BB. </font>

bisonbison
08-08-2004, 04:37 PM
bt, you gotta chill on bumping your own threads half a dozen times. If the hands are interesting or controversial or badly played, they'll generate discussion. If the hands are not interesting or controversial or badly played, they won't.

Also, people are less likely to take the time to comment when you post multiple hands at once.

All these hands look fine.

btspider
08-08-2004, 04:41 PM
will be more patient next time. i waited more than 12 hours and 24 hours each time and monitored the views, only bumping them when they went hours without a single hit. thx for the comments.

bisonbison
08-08-2004, 04:44 PM
It's not how long you waited, it's that you bumped it five times.

Sometimes threads die, not for lack of love or effort, but out of season, because God calls them home. If no one responds, you have to let the thread die.

rjc199
08-08-2004, 04:45 PM
I love all 3 hands.

btspider
08-08-2004, 04:50 PM
i had much love to give these as they hit some fundamental questions I had with my view of things. Points well taken.

thx rjc.

bisonbison
08-08-2004, 04:58 PM
bt, my posts tend to get a lot of replies, not just because I'm famous and charming and handsome, but because I know how to stimulate the discussion without coming across as an even bigger attention-whore than I obviously am.

If you'd like to get more responses from different people, respond to the responders. Sent and MortalNuts made comments. If you agree with them, then the thread's prolly not that interesting. If you don't agree with them, explain why. That's all there is to it. It's a stealth bump, it's not grating, and it shows respect for the guys who have taken the time to respond.