PDA

View Full Version : JJ hand w/ a PF cap and flop action (everyone's favorite!)

btspider
08-06-2004, 05:44 PM
UTG+2:
50 hands
28 VPIP
12 PFR
does not take aggression too far

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (12.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between UTG+2, Hero and SB.</font>

btspider
08-07-2004, 07:28 AM
bumpthx

GoblinMason (Craig)
08-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Personally, I would play this the exact same way. I'm not a tight-weakling for not betting the turn, am I? Checking to me, seems fine, but what do good players think?

-Craig

Retrosquatter
08-07-2004, 12:17 PM
I would bet the turn. You are in last position, and the K seemed to make everyone else shaky. Bet out on the turn.

Okay, here is my attempt at guesswork on this. On the river, UTG probably has QQ in the hole. SB checks the turn, then bets the 9. He might have caught the two pair, maybe tens and nines? I would have done the same as you in this situation and simply called on the river.

How did the hand work out?

o0mr_bill0o
08-07-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn. You are in last position, and the K seemed to make everyone else shaky. Bet out on the turn.

Okay, here is my attempt at guesswork on this. On the river, UTG probably has QQ in the hole. SB checks the turn, then bets the 9. He might have caught the two pair, maybe tens and nines? I would have done the same as you in this situation and simply called on the river.

How did the hand work out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like QQ for UTG+1 too, but I'm thinking maybe 77 for the straight, or 99 for the set for the SB.

btspider
08-07-2004, 07:49 PM
on the turn, i'm certainly concerned about a check-raise and I think UTG+2 is likely to have a K or just plain have me beat with QQ or something and won't fold even if I bet. i saw no value in it. more comments would be appreciated before I post the results.

btspider
08-07-2004, 11:37 PM
shameless bump. my other two are off the first page and i'm still looking for comments on those. say routine if you think its so or talk aloud if you are unsure. thx /images/graemlins/smile.gif

blackaces13
08-07-2004, 11:49 PM
I'd bet the turn, why is he checking here? I'm noticing a lot of players now taking the flop WAY too far only to turn passive on the expensive streets.

Sure, he may have QQ but he may have AQd or some other random junk such as A8 or any 2 diamonds, he seems pretty loose from his small sample of hands.

If you get CRed you can probably safely fold.

Jaran
08-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Hey bt,
pf fine, on the flop, given that UTG+2 doesn't seem to be a player who gets too far out of line, I'm not sure I 3bet, but I don't dislike it that much. If you call 2 cold (ugh!) then you might get a read on how much both sb and UTG+2 like their hands if it goes 3bet/cap. With your line on the flop, I would bet the turn when it gets checked to me, maybe utg+2 folds his QQ. The river you've gotta call, but I think you made a nice solid 3rd place hand. My guesses are A7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for sb and, like I said earlier, QQ for UTG+2

-Jaran

(I've been up for waaaaay to long, so forgive me if this makes no sense.)

btspider
08-08-2004, 12:42 PM
i don't think there is any UTG+2 holding that I don't beat that he will fold on the turn unless SB check-raises. I think UTG+2 would play AK this way (tried to fold me on the flop).

If this is my thinking/read, should I even bother to call the river?

Jaran
08-08-2004, 12:57 PM
If he has AK, why doesn't he bet the turn? I agree that he is prolly not folding, but you didn't give him the opportunity. He only needs to fold a better hand a small percentage of the time for this to be profitable for you.

-Jaran

Sidekick
08-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I certainly wouldn't argue with the way you played the hand, but I think I would have bet the turn. If one of them comes over the top of me then I would most likely fold the hand figuring that I was beat at that point.

For me it seems that there are just too many hands that still haven't made anything that I've seen people bet hard. They could be sitting on QJ suited or AQ or even a weaker hand going for the diamond flush draw.

btspider
08-09-2004, 09:26 AM
I appreciate the comments. I think I could go either way on this, but felt my J outs were still good and wanted to take advantage of the free card opportunity that was given to me. I just really didn't think anyone would fold for one more bet, and a check-raise of my turn bet would not let me see the river.

Retrosquatter did some good thinking.
UTG+2 had AA
SB did indeed have T9 and took the pot down.